Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadyElf

ShadyElf Member

I used the drag and drop method from the rerolls when you're creating characters.

I see what you're saying though, thanks I'll take it down a bit with the console(maybe 40 or so, wanted to have some fun with an uber druid, which is why this was a solo game).:thumbsup:

edit: It worked. It seems so obvious in retrospect. lol

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I believe going over 40 on a stat is when problems occur. ;)

Any character with straight 30's is still a solo army. :)

3. pblack476

pblack476 Established Member

Deleted post

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  4. mercurier

mercurier Member

The Smigmal and Falrinth encounter:

I let both of them run at the first time (Smigmal bluff, Falrinth teleport). When revisiting them a few days later, the bugbear bodyguards appeared as expected. However, the game entered combat mode soon after the bugbears spotted my party. The dialogue with Smigmal went wrong somehow and her helper assassins did not appear. Finally I figured out that in order to spawn those assassins I need someone go invisible and initiate dialogue with Smigmal without alerting the bugbears. I believe there is something wrong in the script.

5. ShadyElf

ShadyElf Member

The smith's apprentice doesn't show up in Nulb for me(in any playthroughs using Co8 modpack). This makes it impossible to complete Mona's orb quest without going to Homlet and killing him to take the orb.

6. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Every time I get a change in a file or just want to start over, I do all the quests I can. The apprentice for Mona's orb is only in the waterside hostel at night (he works during the day).

7. ShadyElf

ShadyElf Member

I know. He doesn't show up for me.

8. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

Interesting. I wondered where those two assassins were.

9. gmonk

gmonk Member

Last time I played through I ended up killing Mickey (brewer's apprentice) in Nulb and everything went sideways. This playthrough I went to see him in Hommlet during the day and pickpocketed the orb. Also wrapped up telling him to stay away from the Snake Pit while I was there.

10. ShadyElf

ShadyElf Member

He won't talk to me in Hommlet, and I don't have any PC rogues in my party.:(

11. messedup

Hopefully, this will be my last post here because I keep going back to the beginning to ensure I am correct on these. I just got done with the "Gremlich" quest for about the 10th time and I ask Mona for sport. I have read the walkthrough and I am under the understanding that I am to get a random encounter that puts me between two groups as the sport. I have never gotten it. Can it be elaborated on? I seem to only get normal random encounters.

12. messedup

You can actually have sleight of hand and not be a rogue.

13. JohnDeWitch

JohnDeWitch Member

Apologies if this has been addressed but I can't find it.

For some reason, mobs have stopped dropping melee weapons. It seems to start in Emridy MEadows with the skeletons but then spreads. I saw this happen in my saved games so went back to old saved games to test it as follows:

I was in Moathouse and killed the bandits in the top floor corner room. Their drops seemed normal. Went to Emridy Meadows and killed some skeletons. The first one had a heavy pic, the second had a longspear and then after that, none had melee weapons. Last time I saw this, it spread to bugbears in Moathouse, none of which had any melee weapons. Thing is, there are empty squares showing in their loot tables where you would expect weapons to be. I've never seen this happen again.

Any ideas besides starting all over?

14. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

When I look at my rogue's armor class details, I am told that my eyeglasses are reducing my dexterity armor bonus (normally plus 5) to 3. Upon removing them, I'm told that my robes are reducing it, then my rings, invisibility and then lareth's freedom of movement, then my mithril shirt, then my gloves of dexterity.

Greater turning (sun domain power) is supposed to work only once a day, according both to pnp and the in game description. It currently works as many times per day as I can turn undead.

The description of Shillelagh says you can make a club version as well as the staff, but the game does not give the option it describes. I would much rather have the club version, as I use a shield.

Silver weapons are supposed to have minus 1 on their damage by pnp rules.

Masterwork and magical shields and armor are supposed to have armor check penalties that are one less, by pnp rules. I thought that this was not implemented, but it seems to be working when I check my skill details. It should be accurately reflected in each item's description, though.

This is a suggestion rather than a bug concerning hemlock plants. I don't know if they're useful in any way, but I feel like they should stack in the inventory like scrolls. They're just a few plants.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  15. RN_archlord

RN_archlord Member

Changing money amounts!

If I save anytime while in the the starting shop map then reload the save the amount of money my crew has changes. I tried reloading the save several times and got different amounts, e.g 72,50, 67, 70, 61. Also if I save in the shop and then continue to Hommlet the amount my crew ends up with is less than when they were in the shop. I am running the latest mod pack in standard, not new content. I had run several other groups without saving in the shop and had no changes in money amounts so it has something to do with the save and reload process prior to getting into the actual game.:thumbsdow

Our Host!