Flurry if blows with 18-20 weapons. Does it still exist?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by pblack476, Aug 28, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. pblack476

pblack476 Established Member

Hello,

Looking in google I get the impression that a Wu-Jian/Tian/Jian (I've seen all 3 names for it) exists in Ah Fong's inventory that is a 1d8 slashing weapon with 18-20 crit range and is a monk special weapon.

But recently when looking through Ah fong's inventory list on http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8742 I've seen no trace of the Jian there, also, there's a post that states that the "Tian" is not a monk special weapon.

I want to build a flurry critical TWF user. Is that still doable or this possibility was removed completely from the game?

I also read that you can use ANY weapon in the offhand as long as you are unarmed in the main hand and you still get the TWF/flurry bonus with it. Is this a feature? If so, what's the best light weapon with 18-20 crit range?

I'm playing Co8 8.1.0 NC

Thx

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I did Ah Fong's inventory long long ago (though I didn't make the weapons). I've never heard of that one, sorry.

3. pblack476

AHA!

I've confirmed that the JIAN exists. I was looking for a masterwork Wakizashi and found it in Ah Fong's.

It is a 1d8 Exotic Slashing weapon (proficiency Siangham) that has a 17-20 x2 crit range (!!)

So that's the second weapon in the game that has the infamous 17-20 crit range that I can remember.

Now, since on this run I do not have a monk to test this, is anyone willing to do so? Or could a modder answer this? Can this weapon be used in flurry AND does it stack with Imp. Critical/Keen? I already confirmed that it is NOT a light weapon and cannot be finessed. But if this weapon could be made Keen through feat or enchanting this would put it at what? 13-20 crit range? It would be so sweeeeet.

4. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

The Jian is a KEEN masterwork non-magical weapon just like the Great Cleaver

I established this some time ago by casting a Keen spell at one.

To further compound your misery the Jian is Not a special monk weapon although the siangham is.

5. pblack476

Oh, that's a total bummer. So I guess the best weapon for dual flurry critical would be one with a 19-20 crit range that was later made keen and put to 17-20 crit range.

Maybe there is a 19-20 x3 monk weapon around? That would still be nice since it would basically transform the weapon into a cleaver (minus base dmg possibly)

Our Host!