Memory Lane - Vanilla level 10cap

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Basil the Timid, Aug 10, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Isn't the destruction of the skull supposed to bar Zugg from summoning (gating)??? I always play on Max hp for everyone. So, I guess that means Zugg gets 392 (+490 for CON) hp? Does 111hp still get deducted because the skull was "destroyed"?

With only two holy weapons and no cold weapons and her summoning fungi (which may be legitimate, since in the module they form out of her own body), this is REALLY tough. How does one beat her displacement spell?

Edit: I noticed that Zugg's hp are not even listed in protos.tab. Does that mean they are randomly determined each game, rather than fixed at 222hp (or weakened by skull destruction to 111hp)?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Is she in your party? Are you using 8.0.1 or 8.1.0?

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

8.0.1. Is this a new bug? I don't remember this problem a few years ago. Yes, she's in my party.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It's fixed in 8.1.0

5. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Having played all alignments in 8.01 I can tell you that destroying the skull does lower her HP by about 200 or so IIRC- I'd have to check my old notes as I think she started with at least 800 HP or so (recent distractions have kept me from trying either 8.1.0 TOEE or KotB 1.01...). I don't really recall her having a displacement spell (or my parties may have been unaffected by it)- what did it do?

Edit- sorry, forgot that you were talking about the vanilla version of the game- please disregard this post as it refers to the CO8 modpack...

Our Host!