Verbobonc, Moathouse respawn, issue

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nightnerd, Aug 22, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. nightnerd

nightnerd Member

Hi guys,
    I've completed the original content and banished the demoness for 66 years. I was then transfered to Verbobonc where I did some shopping and opened a couple quests (fugitives and Hextor branch in the Temple). I then left Verbo to fight the Hextorites. My problem is I can't go back to Verbobonc for the life of me. I've talked to Brother Smyth and Kent and I only get the basic dialogue lines, no "something different". I also went back to all the sites and everything is cleared. I never got the Moathouse respawn but I did complete the Arena.

What am I doing wrong or not doing??

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

The way back to Verbobonc should be in the list of destinations to the right in the World Map, not a dialog option or a clickable place on the map. If you don't see it in the list, it's a bug of some kind.

3. nightnerd

nightnerd Member

Hi Daryk,
    I see it in the list of "current map" but its not in the World map list. So it would be a bug?

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Check carefully to make sure you are not missing it on the list. It will say "PASSAGE TO VERBOBONC", and not "VERBOBONC". That can sometime be easy to skip over.

If it really isn't there, you can use this console command to put Verbobonc on the map:

game.areas[14]=1

But having to force it back on may be an indication that your game is messed up somehow, so you might want to go back to a save when you did have it on the map and play from there.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What version of the game are you playing? Check via the in-game Help system - click the Circle of Eight heading and you should see the version number listed.

This was a bug back in version 8.0.0, it was fixed in the 8.0.1 patch, and should remain fixed in the 8.1.0 mod.

6. nightnerd

nightnerd Member

Checked the version and its the 8.0.0. Bugger. Is there a way to update to a later version of the patch without having to restart the game entirely?

7. nightnerd

nightnerd Member

I added the locatin with the console and everything seems to be back on track. Thanks for your help!

Our Host!