What Counts as an Orc Double Axe?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Equestrium, Oct 1, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Equestrium

Equestrium Member

I know this is a bit of a silly question, but what really counts as an Orc Double Axe? I'm starting a new game, making a female neutral good half-orc barbarian, and I want my first feat to be my weapon focus, which would ensure that I get slightly better rolls, which are important early game. (Unless I'm being a complete idiot and should get something else as my first feat?)

While looking at exotic weapons, because it's common knowledge that they have special properties to them that make them very useful, I looked at the Orc Double Axe for the feat, and also noticed it's in Weapon Focus as well. This made me very happy at first, but then remembered that when I started a previous game with a character with the same feat, it gave me a battleaxe and not an Orc Double Axe. To my knowledge, there's only one Orc Double Axe in the game, you must use console commands to acquire it, and it's unholy. (Unless I'm missing something and you can actually find it in-game naturally?)

But are there more Orc Double Axes? If there are, but given different names, then what weapons fall into the category? If not, should I choose something else?

EDIT: I also went through the 3.5 PHB and couldn't find exact information on what counts as an Orc Double Axe rather than, well, an Orc Double Axe. I was hoping on finding information that would tell me if any of the weapons that are on P&P, and possibly in ToEE's beginning item shop, would fall into this category.

2. pblack476

pblack476 Established Member

There is a sticky thread here called Weapon feat association index.

Go there and Ctrl+f "orc double axe" and if there are any of those in the game, it will be there.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

The one you're referring to can be found in Hickory Branch.

4. Equestrium

Equestrium Member

Thank you very much for the information! I noticed the threat about four hours after I made this one, and felt like a complete idiot for checking the normal threads, rather than the stickies. Much to my disappointment, it's the only Orc Double Axe in the game, and probably the only weapon that actually benefits from being a double axe, since the other double axes seem to not benefit from the trait of being a double bladed weapon.

Thank you! I will do my best to locate it. I will probably just sell it, since my party is LG, and I know that unholy weapons decrease your HP, even ever so slightly.

I decided to go with Great Axes, since I get the damage equivalent of a War Hammer, but have the slashing damage, which is useful against everything BUT undead, but I have a paladin, so I'm not worried about undead too much. Sure, I have to wait till level 4 to turn undead, but I want the abilities that come with a paladin, rather than a cleric with basic combat abilities.

Thank you both for your responses!

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

You're quite welcome! Good luck surviving finding it...

6. Equestrium

Equestrium Member

Eh, all I need to do is spam Prismatic Spray and Cone of Cold. XD Using Ray weapons, I can get a cheaty Dex score of 72 and higher. Try hitting me now. :)

7. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Is there a way in TOEE to make an off-hand attack with a "double weapon" as if you were fighting with two weapons like the pnp rules, or was that feature not included with the game? I can't seem to make this work. The Orc Double Axe, Gnome Hooked Hammer, Quarterstaff, etc.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
Our Host!