Installation problems with 8.1

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dragonalumni, Mar 1, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

I can't seem to get 8.1 working for me. I have two different versions of ToEE, one is a 2 disk set and the other is GoG. I'll run through the steps I'm doing just to see if I'm missing something. (That would be weird because I've done this with other versions so many times..)

I download the full 8.1 nc package 3 times to verify it was ok.

I've installed the 2 disk set version and applied patch 1 and 2 and after that tried to install the 8.1 mod into the same root directory. I do not use the c drive for any games.
    After the mod is installed and I try to activate it I get this message.

IO exception when determining the size of the package; invalid CEN header. (bad signature)

I get the same result with GoG version after I install it and the mod.

I wonder if the 8.1 NC mod does an integrity check before installing or during installing to make sure it was fully downloaded?

I'm also wondering if having a second copy of ToEE already installed 7.1 made some trouble while installing the patch but I uninstalled ToEE via the control panel so I don't know why it would.

I don't know if the patches are being applied to the right directory or if the 8.1NC didn't DL correctly or what.

Any guesses or more substantial advice would be appreciated.

P.S. s this version of 8.1 downloaded after March 1st 2015, have bug fixes addressed in bug fix thread? It' s little confusing to sort out whats going on in very old threads.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

3. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

thanks ;) i updated java and it works fine now.

Our Host!