Help Stuck after slaver's quest

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sala_dude, Nov 25, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. sala_dude

sala_dude Member

I can't seem to get the next quest "The War of the Golden Skull". I killed all the slavers ( I talked to them then attacked before they can auto kill). After killing them, I was ported to the inn then that's it. What to do?

Also can't seem to find the 3rd ghost in the cellar.. Any known bugs?

thanks

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Welcome to the forum sala_dude,

Have you looked over the TOEE GAME GUIDE AND WALKTHROUGH?

The guide will .... guide you through the steps before the quest.

To access the guide you can either click on the banner at the top of the page, or click on the bold text in this post.

3. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

1. Go back and loot the slavers.
    2. Check for messages from Wulfric on the Verbobonc signpost.
    3. Go into the cellar and hit "c" to enter a combat turn, the ghost should then appear more easily.

4. dragoon

dragoon Member

well i have the same problem...after i kill the slavers the chilkdren take me back to verbobonc and then nothing...no messages on signpost and lord walfrick doesn't say anything about...my quest is not complete but i've done everything...is there a commend console to make it done? thanx :)

5. dragoon

dragoon Member

anyone can help me pls?

6. sirchet

When you "check notices" on the billboard are you then going into your inventory and looking for a notice to read?

You must actually "use" the notice before anything happens.

7. dragoon

dragoon Member

thanx for reply,yes i know about that but the problem is in the signpost that doesn't give me any letter and lord wilfrick doesn't say anything about the quest and i can't complete it...i already tried to kill the slavers many times but no luck everytime i'll stuck after killing them...maybe a new bug for 8.0.1??

8. sirchet

OK, if you're comfortable using the console I can give you a few commands that will complete the slavers quest?

Please keep in mind that using the console is THE easiest way to wreck your game.

1. Hold down left shift and hit ~ (to open console)
    2. Type from Co8 import* hit enter
    3. Type loc() hit enter
    4. Type game.quests[78].state = qs_completed hit enter
    5. Hold down left shift and hit ~ (to close console)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  9. dragoon

dragoon Member

thanx mate now i can continue playing this wonderfoul mod :) another little hint: captain absalon is in the constabulary? cause i didn't find him anywhere. thanx for replies :)

10. gabriel

gabriel Member

I'm stuck too. I can't start the golden skull quest.

Here's what happend, I completed almost all the quests from NC (and great module by the way - thx a lot staff!). But now there's there's one thing left for me to expirience all the NC: the golden skull quests. But I can't start it, I killed the slave traders before talking to them, and then I botched the quest and paid my release. But now there's no msg from the Viscont Wilfrick, and he doesn't say anything about it. I read all the "Game Guide & Walkthrough" and I know I needed to have slave traders quest completed. But I simply can't unbotch it! I tried everything I could:
    Unbotch command in console, complete quest command in console, and I even was able to remove the muder reputation from the quest (remove rep command). But nothing works! The quest won't unbotch and Wilfrick won't give me the quest. And yes, I google it, read every single post about it, and nothing!

Could someone help me? I wann play the golden skull quest!
    (Ps. When I use the game.quests[78].unbotch() and press "Enter" a number "2" displays in the console after that. Curious uhn?)

Thanks in advance

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I don't think you can unbotch quests in the console.

Sorry, but it's working as intended. Once you betray Wilfrick's trust, he's not going to hire you out again.

12. gabriel

gabriel Member

Oh, that's sad, I wanna make the golden skull quest :sadblinky
    But that's ok, and it makes sense in the game. And makes the new content solid. Thanks for the reply.

13. Krysalyn

Krysalyn Member

is it still the case that you cannot get the war of the golden skull quest and the later content if you botch the slavers quest?

I totally forgot about that in my most recent play through and wrote over my old save games so cant go back and do the slavers quest properly.

stinks that all of a sudden the game is basically just done.

anyway to be able to console in the war of the golden skull quest?

Our Host!