Lost on several quests so far. Are they working [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by vendur, Jul 21, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Re: Lost on several quests so far. Are they working

As I said, that's one of the earliest maps. The Demo has been available for several years and to my knowledge no-one in that time has ever reported that issue with that map, so I won't be telegraphing the Spider Queen's presence with comments about her elsewhere. Since I'm going out of my way to help you please be polite.

2. vendur

vendur Member

Well, you are the one who said the map is being redone. Why if there are no problems completing it? My point was that some kind of information that you can actually get to the east side would be just as good as map revamp/alteration. For instance, I ran around the druid grove forest many, many times trying to get into the the black middle section via crossing the treeline but never found a way through to it. It only becomes obvious why later when you find the ladder/secret entrance far removed from the actual treeline.

i actually thought something similar was going to happen in the spider forest.

my other point is, people who can't figure this stuff out and it repeatedly happens are more likely to just say "hell with it" than make an account to post asking why something is or isn't.

3. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

As I've related before, I have yet to get any thieves guild stuff at all either. I've stolen stuff, made a few of them public knowledge, sold some of it, hung out around Flays (day and night), and I get nothing.

So before I start my 3rd run, I just want to ask specifically, do I have to play an evil group to get anywhere? It seems that a good group, or even a Lawful Neutral group wouldn't be in to such things.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hi Marc,

Since this is going to be fixed for the patch I am not in a hurry to make it all public knowledge, I'll send you a PM.
    It's being redone because we're open to improvement, not because of some fundamental flaw. Specifically, its being redone for artistic reasons (so its looks like an old-growth forest, not a plantation in neat rows) but I am quite open to suggestions to improve other areas such as navigation. However, since your particular experience, while probably reflective of some 'silent' players, is still that of the minority (no-one has reported problems finding the
    secret ladder at the harpy ruins
    either, that I can recall) I reiterate that I am not going to add a reveal that might spoil the 'stumbling upon the Queen' moment for the majority of new players.

What I will do is lower the DCs of both that ladder and the merchant-under-rocks hole, since both should be easily found if you think to look for them.

This thread seems to have fulfilled its original premise and then deteriorated, so I am going to close it. Enjoy the rest of the mod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!