How to cast lvl9 spells? Wiz/Vanilla TOEE

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by troop18546, Jan 27, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

GOG included the moebius DLL, which indeed has the level uncapper. As you say though, there is no content for extra levels.

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Interesting, thanks clearing up that confusion.

3. troop18546

troop18546 Arcanum God

Hey guys,

That's interesting. So... even if we don't get new spells past lvl 5 - in the uncapped GOG version I can level past 10th and use lvl9 spells?

I'm gonna see if I can grind till I can use lvl6 spells or so.

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

The GoG version I downloaded about a month ago lets you level up to 20. Apparently this version has uncapped to level 20 in a way that the out-of-the-box version didn't. (see Sitra Achara's post above)

So s 20th level wizard will be able to memorize 4 spells slots from each level (plus intelligence bonus) just like any 20th level wizard. Of course the level 6,7,8 and 9 slots you will have to fill with level 1 thru 5 spells.

However, there are actually three level 6 spells that you can learn upon gaining levels. They are:

Chain Lightning
    Greater Heroism
    True Seeing

I think this may be due to the fact that there are magic items in the original game that are crafted with these spells. I recall a Wand of Chain Lighting in Falrinth's chest, and a Potion of Grater Heroism somewhere too. Not sure about the True Seeing.

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

True Seeing is level 5 for Clerics, level 6 for Sor/Wiz. There's also a specific script trigger for it (Zuggtmoy and IIRC Darley use it).

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'll just say the original game had Heal as well (Clr 6, Drd 7, Healing 6). No idea if you can learn it in uncapped vanilla though.

EDIT: Gah, ninjad! Well then, I'll add that Thrommel also triggers True Seeing :p

Our Host!