Console command to change Character voice?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Anthropoid, Jan 16, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Established Member

There is probably a thread where this has already been discussed. But I don't see any reference to it in the console commands thread, and the "walkthrough" thread isn't for responding to.

Appreciate any assistance.

Accidentally set my sorcerer and wizard to "Older Magician."

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

If you can't find a command for changing the voice, you can create a new character of the same race/class/skills/etc with the voice you want, and then bump up his experience with a console command and level him up to where he currently is. You can also tweak his stats to be the same with the console too.

Then just transfer all the equipment from the original to the new character, and kill the original character.

3. marc1967

I just tested this, and it seemed to work ok.

Put the PC you are interested in into the very first slot on the left at the bottom of the screen. This is the character called game.party[0].

This console command will tell you what that pc's voice number is:

Code:
    game.party[0].obj_get_int(obj_f_pc_voice_idx)
    It will reveal a number from 1 to X, where X is the total number of voices in the game.

To change the voice pick a new number. I'd suggest starting with 1 and working your way up till you find the voice you want. So type each of these lines below, one at a time, and check the characters voice after each change:

Code:
    game.party[0].obj_set_int(obj_f_pc_voice_idx,1)
    game.party[0].obj_set_int(obj_f_pc_voice_idx,2)
    game.party[0].obj_set_int(obj_f_pc_voice_idx,3)

etc...
    Once you find the voice you want, Enjoy!

Beware of the console of course at all times, and if you type a voice number that is out of range (like 500) it will just leave your character mute. I thought it would casue a crash, but it didn't.

Good luck.

4. Anthropoid

Thanks Kelno! I think I'll try that out . . . AFTER I make a permanent save to resort back to should this eventually prove to blow it up! :p

5. Anthropoid

Hey Kelno,

How do you "add a PC" in Co8?

I saw in KotB that you can go to the Provisioner and recruit new members and it opens up the Create new Character window, but not sure how to do this in C08.

6. marc1967

There's a little book on the bar in the Inn of the Welcome Wench. Click on it to add new characters.

7. Anthropoid

No SHIT! :p

Thanks! :)

Our Host!