Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I just noticed the Merchant's Row fixes I proposed last year (copied below for convenience) aren't included in the latest build. They enable Veenah's Fashion and the Bear Essentials to purchase the appropriate gear at the proper rates. Fortunately, they're right next to each other in InvenSource.txt. The problem was traced to not having the "buy_list_num" statements in both the merchant and the store.

{597}{Heather: buy_list_num,5 100,6045 100,6042 platinum,1 gold,11 silver,111}
    {598}{Veenah: buy_list_num,4 100,6470 100,6319 gold,40 copper,21}
    {599}{Veenah's Fashion: buy_list_num,4 100,6147 100,6148 100,6149 100,6346 100,6218 100,6151 100,6150 100,6319 100,6344 100,6438 100,6235 100,6236 100,6342 100,6343}

2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Hi, I would like to report that there is a jump.point issue in the Tutorial map. When 'Valkor' proceeds to the 2nd level of the map using the door icon, it teleports him to the Hickory Branch map instead. I did re-activating the module but to no avail. I am using the latest module, co8 v8.1.0. Can someone verify if they are having the same issue? :(

3. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Established Member

Yep, same with me.

Pretty humorous to get squashed by some big giant thing within 3 minutes starting the tutorial! :p

4. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I think this was previously reported.

5. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Casting Reincarnation on Senshock caused his dead body disappear instantly. Did he teleport away without any indicator? Or did he actually reincarnate into a dead Quasit?

6. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

My bad, I think I meshed the two spells together.

Looks like Spike Growth (from SRD20) is outdoor only, [unless there is vegetation growing indoors??]:
    Any ground-covering vegetation in the spell’s area becomes very hard and sharply pointed without changing its appearance.
    In areas of bare earth, roots and rootlets act in the same way. Typically, spike growth can be cast in any outdoor setting except open water, ice, heavy snow, sandy desert, or bare stone

But Spike Stones, as you mention, does work as intended:
    Rocky ground, stone floors, and similar surfaces shape themselves into long, sharp points that blend into the background.

... I suppose I could have looked it up before posting ...

7. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

Noticed ...
    While fighting the Fire Temple guardians (the fire dwelling Salamanders), that damage taken from fire spears was deducted twice. I was wearing Ring of Fire Resist and had cast the spell Resist Energy:Fire.
    In other words, I took 4 points piercing dmg from the spear, 2 dmg from Str bonus, and 5dmg from fire. But due to my protections, the 5 dmg from fire was subtracted twice, rendering the total dmg suffered to 1 dmg (4+2+5, minus 5, minus 5), when it should have been 6 dmg.

The ring plus spell combo works properly against the massive fireballs, as the ring and spell combine for a total of 25 [15 + 10] reduction to fireball total damage.

Noticed...
    Enemies with Dodge feat seem to retain the +1AC bonus even when webbed or entangled. (Okay, so honestly I only confirmed it with Entangle). The feat description says anything hampers DX causes Dodge to be lost -- which is true when my character is webbed or entangled. But enemies like kobolds, some goblins, and those raging lycanthropes (jackelweres?) appear to keep their Dodge.

Rhetorical question: I've always wondered why the prison door on the Earth temple level (next to the ghouls, just north of the southern stairs) can only be opened with magic, and there is no known key (at least, I've never found one and Romag doesn't even carry it). The only non-Knock opening I've ever seen was one time my cleric Turned the ghouls, and as part of an escape route one of the ghouls randomly went in the direction of the prison door, which opened it. But its a bloody speculative roll of the dice to count on Turned ghouls to pick locked doors for you. [Maybe that ghoul should get together with all the skeletons in Emridy Meadows which seem to have plenty of '20' and '19' crit rolls to share.]

Last one for this week ...
    I see spell fixes that prevent reduction of ability scores below 1 (ray of enfeeblement, for example), but that doesn't seem to apply to creature like Groaning Spirit. One or two touches and I'm at -5 or more on Charisma. Devastating, to say the least, for a sorceress. (Just sayin' NOW would be a good time to drink that potion of prot from undead you've been saving.)

8. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I always just pick the lock on that prison door without a hitch. No magic required at all.

9. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

Weird. I can pick the lock on the chest in the Fire Temple (DC=31 or so), but attempting to pick the door I'm thinking of always just floats the banner saying 'LOCKED'.

10. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

As for the temple level cell door....

I have never used magic to open it. I have always picked it.

11. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Established Member

I entered Moat map with a fighter, druid and rogue. The druid had a Jackal familiar prior to arriving.

The druid enchanted two toads, which fought valiantly and we won.

But now my jackal is completely unresponsive. He just stands there.

Move the party formation. He stands there. select and try to move him: nothing. I have a save file if that is if any interest.

12. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It sounds like a one-off fluke, and I'm guessing it can be solved by dismissing and re-summoning the familiar, but if it does happen again please post the save.

13. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

IIRC something similar to this was posted earlier in this thread.

When the Hezrous (In particular, the ones in the Water Node) use their Stench ability, there's a chance for the game to freeze. The only way I could get pass the encounter was to Feeblemind them, preventing them from using the ability.

... Incidentally, Feeblemind shouldn't prevent them from using Stench. Though it is mildly amusing, since its like, they're too dumb to know how to smell bad.

EDIT: Also the lingering cloud effect from Vrock spores is still in the game. Removing the spores (Neutralize Poison, Remove Disease) gets rid of the effect, but the cloud effect still lingers on the character. Jaroo's perma-magic fix doesn't work either.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  14. Tomtech

Tomtech Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

I get attacked when I enter the Spruce Goose for the first time.

If I drop Elmo or Ronald to reduce my number of party members to seven they don't attack.

15. Tomtech

Tomtech Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

I was finally able to get into the Spruce Goose with a full party. I charmed the fugitive and was attacked on the way out.

I finished the kidnapped children and fugitive quests but felt cheated with the measly experience points awarded. The kidnapped children were only worth 200 experience points even though I "freed them" and brought the culprit back alive.

I was able to remove each fugitive from the public are they were in and then disabled them in order to return them alive but unconscious to prison. As a Neutral Good Party I believe this would be proper roll playing. The fugitives surprised me in that they didn't resist being battered to unconsciousness. Returning them alive didn't result in any additional rewarded experience points. if I had killed them, I would have received the experience points for killing them as well as their items.

I am almost to level 13 for my non crafters and need to get a whole bunch of experience before I take on the slave traders.

Our Host!