Finishable but not finished?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by crpgnut, Jul 8, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. crpgnut

crpgnut Member

Ok, ToEE has been heavily modified so that it is levels and levels deeper than the original module. Are there similar plans for KotB? I mean there is a ton here already that isn't in the module, but are you going to make this a Character level 15 or 20 game?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I don't think so. There's all the material from Return to Keep on the Borderlands which can be done on the same maps, and I have an idea for respawning the Spider Map (something waaaaaay down the list of priorities) but as was seen with ToEE, balancing issues become nightmarish under such circumstances. ANyways, we have to finish (and balance) the alignment plots first - ask me again in six months ;)

I will say that from the beginning, areas of the Keep and some of the scripting were made with respawning (and thus future development) in mind. So for instance it's easy to add new crimes to get locked up for, or new rope points to climb down, or whatever: a lot of it was made to be expandable. So future modders can add stuff if they desire reasonably straightforwardly.

Our Host!