Wow, a TEN riddle scavenger hunt?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Zombra, Jul 7, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zombra

Zombra Member

Geez, is that from the original module? Vague allusions to random objects I may or may not stumble across, may or may not have already sold or thrown away? In a world where finding stuff at all without grueling pixel hunting is often impossible? And at least half of the hints are so oblique and counterintuitive as to be difficult at best, and completely arbitrary at worst?

I guess I've been spoiled by modern games, but I hope that getting into that basement isn't plot-critical ... there's no way I'm getting down there in a million years without cheating. :dizzy:

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Don't give up, it's really solvable, and if you are low enough level the locked room presents a really fun and challenging encounter.

3. Zombra

Zombra Member

OK, OK, sometimes I just have to complain about how impossible something is before I go and do it :)

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I know, I know... people hate fedex quests, and gave them a 10-parter... please forgive me this one indulgence ;)

As mentioned to, ummm, Sirchet, 8 of the items can be found in and around the tower.

[BTW, folks, there's a back door - nothing so obvious as Knock, which used to work til I stymied it, but there's another way in...]

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hey! I wasn't complaining when I mentioned it .... I was merely stating my current location in the progression of the unfolding events.

I personally don't mind having to think about something every now and then, I hear it helps keep senility at bay. :p

6. crpgnut

crpgnut Member

I looked it up since I hate "collection" quests. I wouldn't have stopped knock from working as that is the only place in the game where the spell might be worth its purchase; unless someone is playing without a thief. I applauded knock being a solution, in fact. Can't you
    just kill the undead creature too? He should have the key to see his master...though that might break finding out about the other party.
    I would think your journal should update when you click on the pile of junk the previous party left behind, but it doesn't.

7. Zombra

Zombra Member

I forgive you, ted :)

8. Shiningted

Phew!

Re Knock - people did use it in the Demo, and objected when I said I was 'fixing' it, but I don't find it credible that a powerful Wizard who goes to such lengths (however insane) to secure his lab door would ignore the most obvious ploy. It's the first thing he would consider, I would imagine. But the 'workaround' is no more complicated than Knock, you just have to think about it a bit. So much more satisfying ;) And Knock IS a shortcut for another quest, BTW...

Re the quest: Right now, Frankengob tells you about the other party, but you have to defeat the Wizard to complete it. I probably have to reword it slightly.

9. sirchet

Gotta say, that Frankengob's riddle is awesome!

My wife is a high school math teacher and we had a competition to see who could figure it out first.

10. Zombra

Zombra Member

I did enjoy the math riddle.

Give me ten more like that instead of a scavenger hunt and I won't complain :)

11. Shiningted

When does 1 come after 11?

12. Zombra

Zombra Member

In the dictionary!

13. sirchet

Or, 111. :p

14. Shiningted

:no: Stand on one leg when you say that, sir.

@ Zombra - that's a perfectly legitimate answer. But this is a maths quiz, not an English one, and I didn't spell the numbers ;)

15. sirchet

Just like an Aussie to try and drag Cricket into it. :)

Our Host!