So how out of date is the FAQ?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Zombra, Jun 30, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombra

Zombra Member

So how out of date is the FAQ? Should it be updated for the new release? Looks like that first post hasn't been edited since 2008.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

O puh-lease. The second post was edited just a few months ago.

I'll fix the first one though. One more thing I meant to do before release (which was for later today). Stupid early release!

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Well, I'M happy with the surprise release! :)

4. Zombra

Zombra Member

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk, was just wondering :)

5. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

There was absolutely nothing "jerky" about your post or your question. You simply received an unnecessarily defensive response with that "O puh-lease" comment.

"O puh-lease" what? The first post actually was last updated in 2008. What could you have possibly taken exception with in Zombra's original post? The fact that there was a second post doesn't make the information in the first post any less out of date. Just sayin'.

And please understand that I'm not trying to insinuate that you have any obligation to update it. I just find it odd that you're giving a poster a hard time when he asked a perfectly reasonable question.

"Yep, it's out of date. I'll get around to updating it eventually" would have made more sense as a response.

6. Shiningted

"O puh-lease", followed by a facetious excuse (the date of the second one is irrelevant, as you say) and an acknowledgement that the first one has to be fixed, was keeping things at the light-hearted-banter level. I certainly didn't find Zombra's post jerky. Nor was I attempting to give him a hard time. Something lost in the translation, perhaps. Zombra may feel free to reply, if he wants.

7. Zombra

Zombra Member

I did feel a little condescended to at the time, which only made sense if you'd misinterpreted the intent of my post, which is why I followed up. Anyway, on a scale of 1 to 10 of people being mean on the internet, it rated about a 1, and I instantly forgot about it ... it's not even worth talking about any more, but I'm replying again 'cause I don't want to leave anybody hanging. Water under the bridge, everyone's friends again ... and any fight remaining to be fought is about Marceror at this point. Good luck!

8. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

There's nothing to fight about. I guess comments like "O puh-lease" are hard to "read" over the internet. It seemed like a decidedly defensive response, but if Ted says it wasn't, than it wasn't. Moving on.... :)

9. Shiningted

Apologies to you, then, Zombra, for making you feel condescended. Moving on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!