What am I suppose to be doing at nortern oaks?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by vendur, Jul 20, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. vendur

vendur Member

I killed everything on the map except for a gBear who is a bit out of my league at level 1 especially with the max enemy HP turned on. Anyway? What's the deal I talk to the druid out ther. Seems pretty useless. Druid back in town doesn't achknowledge anything has been done. There was only 1 harpy, and a baby at that. Bug?

Pretty lost here and speedup() isn't working making running around on this huge map getting noting accomplished extremely frustrating.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There are some ruins where the baby harpy was. You need to look at them.

3. vendur

vendur Member

How do you "look at them" i walked over them 20 times now and even tried regular search command and the secret door serach items over that little circle ruins sticking out.

4. vendur

vendur Member

So apparently to get this to work, you need to go stand near the circle that I've walked over more times than I can count and stop -- then do absolutely nothing for 25-30 seconds. Don't walk, don't search, don't rerrange the garbage in your backpacks etc. And magically the ladder appears.

Who in the world would sit there stationary for that long when you are looking for something and you aren't even sure what it is.

5. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

If the secret door search tool didn't work when searching for that secret door, it means you did not have a conscious character in the area with a high enough search skill. So your character with search skill may have been unconscious, or dead, or lagging out of range.

If the secret door automatically pops up it means that your character with search skill finally came into range and the search tool automatically found it for you even without searching.

I know for a fact from countless playthroughs that standing there quietly for 30 seconds and waiting is NOT the primary way it is meant to be found. The search tool should get the job done, and if it doesn't it is due to one of the reasons I gave in the first paragraph above.

6. vendur

vendur Member

I have two search characters. Both with 6 search. The times I did the group search and the individual secret door finding tool search was just after i killed the harpy nearby. So my group was all together for sure since I just finished that combat.

There is one interesting thing though. After I couldnt find it for awhile and left the area to talk to the town druid, when I returned to the map that time and found the entrance, I had the ox with me. Last time I left the ox at the start of the map. Maybe that ox has a super search skill. hah.

Our Host!