Caves Questions (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by passerella, Nov 20, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. passerella

passerella Member

One question and one more sort of comment I guess.

Firstly, my NG party are stuck with the caves quest and not sure how to progress. We have been through all the caves on the lower levels but when we try to go through the door at the top we keep getting the message that an invisible barrier is blocking the way. I initially thought this might have something to do with collecting all the marks but we now have the kobolds, goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears and gnolls, which were all the critters we could find. If someone could give me a clue or point me in the right direction that would be fantastic 'cause I've got nothing!

Secondly just as a bit of feedback, I've had some confusing encounters in the caves with prisoners. In the hobgoblin caves some prisoners appeared in a battle and as the hobgoblins were wounding the prisoners I figured I should protect them, however I found no way to do this and when my cleric healed a fallen prisoner he yelled at me to back off, tried to stand up and was struck down by my barbarian in an attack of opportunity.
    In the kobold caves with the dwarves stuck in the cellar, after speaking with the head dwarf and killing the kobold captain I cast cure serious wounds on the unconscious dwarf, provoking an attack from the entire group. It would be great if we had some way to interact positively with prisoners, because I don't think slaughtering them without asking questions really fits my alignment.

2. chano

chano Established Member

If you buy paper and quill from the elf in the Marketplace you will be able to see how many marks you have got.
    You need 7 and you have the 2 orc marks from the start.
    There is another way in to the temple if you have missed picking up the marks.

Hobgoblin prisoners, i sneak in and talk to them, the merchant and his wife is worth protecting and getting them back to the keep.

If you are NG there should be any problems with the dwarfs.
    If you are evil he will detect that being a paladin and attack you..

3. passerella

passerella Member

Thanks, I had no idea about the journal thing! It says I only have six marks but I have no idea which one I'm missing - What is the alternative way?

I may have to try that sneaking in next time. As I said, he didn't attack me right off the bat, he interpreted my cleric casting a spell as an offensive measure, even though he healed his unconscious friend!

4. chano

chano Established Member

There is a secret door in the Gnoll Cave that leads to a corridor in which a secret door leads to the temple storeroom.

5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Our Host!