Dala bug ?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Horsesoldier, Oct 8, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Horsesoldier

Horsesoldier Member

first time thru 8.0.0

Just got to the Waterside in Nulb and started the brawl via Dala's pickpocket....

1st go thru - after the fight (all dead except Dala) I got an infinite loop where it kept going to the combat screen showing Dala as the enemy even tho she wasn't even in the room.

2nd go thru - killed Dala first (broke my heart) finished the fight and got the same loop.
    Her dead body on the floor with no option for a coup de grace as she is already dead.

Also tried the "i'm sorry" option and just force attacked wat & rentsch - still got the same loop.......

Now I'm going to try leaving/returning with different dialogue options (I hope).
    I want this fight.

OK - entered waterside and did NOT catch Dala's pickpocket...
    force started and finished the fight and still got the loop but noticed Dala was phasing/blinking in and out in her usual spot - attacked that locaton/killed her and ended the loop. Not pretty or desirable but at least the game goes on......

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. relic

relic Established Member

I had the same issue, but I'm playing 8.0.1.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Dala is supposed to run off when combat starts, maybe that's why she was blinking because she didn't know what to do.

I recently went through this encounter and caught her with her hands in my pack, killed all the baddies and everything went fine.

She even fainted after the battle was done.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Strange. Can you upload a savegame where this happens / is about to happen?

5. Horsesoldier

Horsesoldier Member

I am playing 8.0.1 also and anticipating your request I saved the game prior to entering the Waterside as an archive. Never having uploaded a save before I don't know how many of the save files you need. Which one(s) ?

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Go to your ToEE/modules/ToEE/saves folder and attach all the files from the shared name of your save. There should be 6, all with the same name but different extensions. You can put them in a zip file and upload it here if it's not too large.

7. Horsesoldier

Horsesoldier Member

Here it is - and please don't judge me after seeing my party :p

Attached Files:

8. Prologue

Prologue Member

I managed to work around the bug in my game. Her body doesn't appear, but the red ring denoting "her" does appear on and off. By red ring I mean the circle around all enemies. I think it helped when I put my mouse over her face in the initiative order. Always leave your mouse where her red ring appears at. Combat begins, you click on her ring to attack (or to bring a PC over). When you end your turn, you exit battle mode, and then go back into battle mode, you click again to hit her. When she falls, all goes back to normal.

I am really uncertain about my clarity above =S... You can also deal non-lethal damage to not kill her, but she'll automatically enter battle mode whenever you come back.

9. Sitra Achara

It looks like you uploaded the wrong save. I noticed that you mixed files from two different save slots - slot0003 and slot0002, and the files from slot0003 (which contain the actual data) come from a game where the Nulb Hostel is already cleared.

10. Horsesoldier

Horsesoldier Member

Oops - sorry 'bout that - this one should be correct...

Attached Files:

11. Sitra Achara

Ok, replicated and now hopefully fixed. Put this in your ToEE\data\scr folder and the post-combat sequence should work ok again.

Attached Files:

12. Jo

Jo Member

I consistently experience the same Dala bug. Curiously, is the above fix good for everyone, or is it specific to Horsesoldier's saved game?

13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

A py, (or Python script file) is not save dependent.

You can make use of it now, or wait for the up coming 8.02 patch.

14. ihateregistering

ihateregistering Member

lol this event is also bugged to no end... I also got the infinite loop with her starting combat and disappearing, used the .py file now I get the "you wipe off blood from your clothes" pop up and her collapsing even w/o any battle occurring.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/x5ccpd.jpg

P.S. Second attempt went as intended so this was just a random fluke but some consistence would be nice

Last edited: May 3, 2014
Our Host!