Raise a Fallen Paladin

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by FDR4PREZ, Jun 14, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

OK, so my thief thought it would be really funny to pull a little prank in the church that no one liked.

During the ensuing battle trying to stop the havoc my paladin fell.

If you look in the description of the fallen paladin, it says that it may be possible for a high level cleric to restore him.

Is this possible to do within KotB or ToEE?

Even though I am now an enemy of the keep, and the head cleric is dead, my PC cleric is 10th level, so is he high enough to do this task?

And in all honesty, my guys didn't attack any Keep people until after he fell. And even then it wasn't until after we calmed the beast. They wouldn't listen to reason and just wouldn't stop trying to kill us, so we needed to take matters into our own hands.

Now he is on a killing spree throughout the keep. No one is safe from his wrath. And the bonus is that he can now wear full plate armor within the Keep without getting arrested. There is no one left to arrest him. :no:

Attached Files:

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Unfortunately atm the guards etc are set up that if one dies, you get the 'Enemy of the Keep' reputation. its very simplistic but thems the breaks until I can introduce an absurdly complicated mechanism whereby you can commit murder and get away with it, but that should still see your Paladin falling. To avoid it, just knock anyone unconscious if you get into a battle you don't want to be in.

Can PCs cast Atonement? I really don't know - I guess so? Clr 5 should do it...

3. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Atonement is a 5th cleric spell, but it is not in the list of spells that my 10th level LN cleric of St Cuthbert has.

Do I need to make a 10th level LG cleric? But that'll take some doing at this point in the game with everyone dead in the Keep and just about everything dead in Caves. Random encounters can get him up to 4th or 5th level, but 10th level is a bit of a reach.

No worries. I knew what I was getting into when I invited the special guest to a church service.

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Atonement doesn't seem to be implemented in KOTB.

In the main game it will appear on your list of known spells, and you can add it to your daily list, regardless of your deity or alignment. But once it is cast, it will only work for clerics of good deities or Cuthbert.

{2}{Corellon Larethian}
    {3}{Ehlonna}
    {6}{Garl Glittergold}
    {8}{Heironeous}
    {11}{Moradin}
    {12}{Nerull}
    {15}{Pelor}
    {16}{St. Cuthbert}
    {19}{Yondalla}

Your LG Cuthbert priest would have it available and be able to cast it though. So if you want to simulate the spell, you can just put your fallen paladin in the first slot at the bottom, and console in:

game.party[0].has_atoned()

The cleric casting the spell should also lose 500 XP.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Life's more fun with surprise guests ;)

Thanks marc, that sounds like a straightforward fix.

Our Host!