KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Regarding number 1 - In the thug's san_heartbeat script in py00468RogueGuard.py, there is a possible call to dialog line 300 which doesn't exist in his DLG file. It looks like if game.party[0] is nearby, it will call dialog line 1 and everything is OK. But if there is no line of sight to game.party[0], it will cycle through the rest of the party till it finds one nearby. At that point it opens dialog with nonexistent line 300, which is the cause of the empty screen.

Code:
    def san_heartbeat( attachee, triggerer ):
    	if (not game.combat_is_active()):
    		for obj in game.obj_list_vicinity(attachee.location,OLC_PC):
    			if attachee.has_los(obj):
    				if (is_better_to_talk(attachee, game.party[0])):
    					if (not critter_is_unconscious(game.party[0])):
    						attachee.turn_towards(game.party[0])
    						game.leader.begin_dialog( attachee, 1 )
    						game.new_sid = 0
    				else:
    					for obj in game.obj_list_vicinity(attachee.location,OLC_PC):
    						if (is_safe_to_talk(attachee, obj)):
    							attachee.turn_towards(obj)
    							[COLOR="Red"]obj.begin_dialog(attachee, 300)
    [/COLOR]							game.new_sid = 0
    	return RUN_DEFAULT

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks marc. Presumably we can use the same dlg as for game leader but I'll check.

3. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Ted, for the #2 and the lost for words dialog, you can always replace the "...." with whimsical inner thoughts:

1) (Am I that dumb looking?)

2) (Yeah, let's go in there shouting for joy, you numbskull.)

3) (OK, so no casting of Dancing Lights or Fireballs, check, got it...)

4) (Wow, I am utterly at a loss for words...)

5) Look, I can't even begin to explain what's wrong with that comment, so let's just get on with this.

4. Shiningted

I may use that in future, sure. Consider it nicked ;)

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

In the starting shop the "Red Chainmail" does not look red in the shopscreen, only later when worn. If I remember that right from Co8/ToEE the red chainmail had a red hue in the inventory screen...?

In the starting shop in the room with the weapons and armour chests my Ranger doing a search get´s two messages floating away "Found something" and "found a trap". However no trap is shown. Is there a trap outside the visible area?

Edit: Two of my characters have strange unarmoured armourclasses in their description (when opening the character sheet and clicking on their AC)
    Bard: 10+5(Dex) = 16; Cleric 10 +2 (Dex) = 13
    Both have the Dodge feat, so it would make sense that their AC is sometimes +1 but why is there no explanation of that in the calculation?

NOT A BUG

Edit: After entering the keep I strolled around, and entered the Bailiff´s office before ever being to the Provisioner. So I had no idea about any available quests - yet the first dialogue option with the Bailiff was
    1) I wanted to talk to you about one of the quests you sponsor.
    Either that was an attempt at Bluff of my Bard that was not marked with the bluffing icon or the option should only be there if I have at least one mentioned quest in my logbook?

In the pdf manual is a typo on page 1 warning 4: Nuetral instead of Neutral

The KotB walkthrough says this about Ink, Quill and Paper:"You can buy an Ink, Quill and Parchment from Geoffrey (Scribe) at the marketplace within the Outer Bailey. If you use the IQ&P, then it can give you useful information about quests that you haven't completed." - however ingame Ink, Qull and Parchment lack a long description what can be done with it.

When speaking to Reece the Cobbler I get the dialogue options:
    1) Thank you, I shall indeed... and
    2) As appealing... etc.
    where the 2nd option is so long that the text makes the 3rd option nearly unreadable because it covers it. I´m running the game at the 1024X768 resolution if that makes a difference.

Heggrim the Smith when first met states that he does not offer masterwork items - yet when he shows his wares there is a Masterwork Main Gauche offered.

It was second-hand. NOT A BUG

My Paladin did not have a holy symbol either so I used your info to give her one.
    However I did not chose the standard equipment in the starting shop, but bought the equipment myself. Is the holy symbol not given at all despite being mentioned as a needed focus for their Detect Evil ability in the KotB Players Guide pdf
    or should it be given to Paladins even if they chose not to use standard equipment just like the Secret door search tool and the starting potion?

The holy symbol that appeared when I used the give command looks like a necklace - but can´t be worn like a necklace. Is there a reason that e.g. the disguise kit can use the bardic instrument slot but a necklace-like holy symbol can´t be worn by a Paladin?

Whan trading with the animal merchant in the dialogue screen with
    1) buy attack dog
    2) buy farm dog
    3) buy chicken
    4) buy buttercup
    the text of option 4 is so long that it overlaps option 5

When first entering the northern woods with the quests from the Red Lady and the Druid I was in the middle of an ambush. One of the brigands charged me in the battle and the floating text at that moment stated "default"...? Is that a description of the action he is taking that should not be there or named else?

I had my Paladin use the Detect Evil ability, however when I clicked Detect Evil the cursor was over one of the brigands and the effect of the ability was centered on that brigand (see attached picture). So a Paladin can outsource it´s detect evil ability to brigands?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  6. Shiningted

Thanks for the feedback. 'Default' means whatever he is set to in protos.tab (Tripper or Berserker or whatever), I guess I will finally have to remove all those floatlines now. I'll miss them :cry:

Detect Evil should not be coming from the bandit, no.

The changes to the font etc, integrating the GUI update from the Co8 mod, have left some text overlaps which I will try to get through. Post any and all you see, Gazra has already alerted me to a lot.

Some of the rest sound like bugs to be fixed, thanks.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  7. ConjurerDragon

Well, I don´t mind the floatlines themselves. Just a brigand charging me with the battlecry "DEFAULT!"... :roll:

NOT A BUG

After making the screenshot I reloaded, went to the northern forest again and had one of the brigands tell me "Revert Strategy!" so I know that there is some evil mastermind behind their actions... :thumbsup:

NOT A BUG

Hearing one of the watchman in the keep casually saying "Don´t forget your secret door search tool" breaks the 4th wall worse :chairshot
    Such OOC advice should be more hidden (like the aid from Jaroo in Hommlet to remove lingering effects from bugs) or at least be reserved to very wise benevolent individuals and not come from the standard watchman.

NOT A BUG

My party rested after a random encounter while travelling and was ambushed by some skleletal halflings etc. Noone had anything - except the skeletal kobold who had 3 alchemical flasks with alchemist frost, fire and sparkle... Is that intended for skeletal kobolds as it´s a bit much when most other skeletal whatevers have nothing?
    Skeletal Kobolds use inventory slot 377 which is according to invensource.mes
    so a 100% chance to have all 3 when looting. Perhaps only 33% for each?
    {Acid chucker: 33,4643 33,4644 33,4645}

While exploring the Swamp my Ranger suddenly saw a floating blue door before him. And before anyone says that a ranger may have had too much mushrooms the other partymembers saw it too... :roll: Clicking the door opens the worldmap - as I´m used to navigate ToEE by using the Townmap icon next to the logbook is there a reason for that door in the swamp? --> I read in the walkthrough that this marks a new location on the map, and only after reading that I noticed the thorpe on the map...

THEREFORE, NOT A BUG

Further searching through the swamp for the lost adventurers I found a patch of garlic. It is described as garlic when I hover the mouse over it, it´s shown as a blue rectangle when I use TAB - but when I try to pick it up it´s gone without an explanation.

In the northern part of the swamp is a black rectangle? See attached screenshot 2

In two fights (against Zombies and later Skeletal Gnolls) a message in red "target too far" floated above everyone of my party...? Is that the AI trying to decide who to target next and speaking it out loud?

OBVIOUSLY

Everyone in the keep seems intent on not telling me where the Caves of Chaos are and that they´re too dangerous for starting adventurers (e.g. the watchmen, the provisioner) - is it intended that simply speaking to the dwarven adventurer gives me TWO options to go there directly (being a level 1 party with not 1 solved quest)?

OBVIOUSLY

The Lizardmen tribe: As a lawful neutral party only tasked to find some lost adventurers I first simply wanted to ask the lizardmen in the swamp if they had seen those adventurers of whom no tracks, or old campfires or strewn equipment indicating an ambush or fight could be found - but on approach they went hostile. So I reloaded, sheated all weapons remembering that in this mod people pay attention to a brandished weapon - they still went hostile. I tried again and had my wizard in front remembering that in the guide the importance of languages in the mod was emphasized and that all wizards speak draconic and the language of lizardfolk is draconic - hostile on sight. o.k. then I had my elven Bard in front because elfs speak all languages - hostile on sight :rant:
    So I had my Bard alone SNEAK past the lizardmen and their giant lizards into the cave of the chieftain - only to be acused of slaughtering half his tribe that was still standing before the cave unharmed... :roll: Must be some unsolved racial prejudices against the elder race...
    Considering the story the chieftain tells about how his tribe was driven off and many killed by their enemy - would they really SEEK combat and should attack on sight? If the chieftain is not aware if his followers outside live or are dead then perhaps the Lizardman warrior or shaman outside should start parlaying to allow a peaceful entry into the cave if someone comes near unarmed and able to speak their language...?
    If however you WANT a non-evil party to charge the lizardmen on sight then I would suggest that you put some evidence outside that they killed the adventurers (e.g. a description of the shaman ripping the still beating heart out of the body of the last surviving member of the former adventurers party or at least some visible adventurers gear that obviously would not belong to those lizardmen...

These Lizard-men are described as 'particularly evil' in the module. NOT A BUG

In another thread you were asked why Nobby does clean rusty weapons but not rusty armour
    Well if it´s an armourer´s job to clean armour then why does the armourer/smith a bit south of the market not do that? Or at the least, why does he not grumpily say that he has no time cleaning rusty mail because he is busy making new weapons for green adventurers that will not care for their gear anyway until the party has completed the quest to get him into business with the guild and then he does it - but for "normal guild prices"? Or do it but take far longer than Nobby to do it because he has real work to do (perhaps a week until the mail would be good again and could be retrieved from him?).

NOT A BUG

When I got a clue that some people are involved in poisoneous deals - does that mean that I would lose access to their shops for the remainder of the game? Because if noone takes up their shop I would miss someone polishing rusty weapons and selling good prices for magical stuff and would likely try to do them in last...

Yes, that is the WHOLE POINT. There are consequences to your choice. NOT A BUG

Long description of the Climber´s Kit:
    Isn´t rapelle and abseiling the same?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abseiling

In the Spider Wood strolling around zipped screenshot 3 shows what I found. A single wolf without any red riding hood nearby and more peaceful than those hostile lizards. As nothing happened I retreated my ranger who leads the party outside and approached the "fiendish" puppy with my Paladin who has a bit less Survival skill than the ranger - the wolf still stands unmoving. Well then the "fiendish" certainly must be wrong so I used Detect Evil on it and it triggers blood red as evil - yet still does nothing...? Did I break some script here and the wolf is supposed to do something? (picture 3 is zipped because the forum allows jpg attachments only up to 200 KB and that picture has 208 KB.
    Or is the Wild Empathy ability of the Ranger so that the wolf will remain docile for an hour even if the Ranger goes away and other party members come close?

Obviously. NOT A BUG

I had the lost merchant yell up from below (nice idaa that!) and because my Ranger had a rope I could climb down using the rope. The text warned that without sufficient skill I would have to leave the rope bound to the top but the Ranger was able to retrieve the rope due to her skill.
    What I don´t get is why my party can´t go up the rope again. Either by having the rope stay bound to the top or by using the grappling hook my Ranger has too...?
    --> By reading the long description of the grappling hook it occured to me that I don´t need to look for a blue ladder symbol down in the cave to climb up again (like the blue ladder symbol outside that I used to climb down) but that I had to use the rope from the radial menu. Works perfectly to climb out again.

And so NOT A BUG.

In a resting random encounter I had 2 grey wolves and having read about the use of Survival in the mod I used my Ranger (Survival 5, Wisdom bonus +2 = 7) to loot them. But regardless if if clicked the pelt itself or for the other wolf "take it all" - both pelts were destroyed and that was announced by some flotating text. What is the DC to skin a grey wolf?
    In another random rest encounter I had 4 grey wolves. 1 of them had a different brown fur (instead of the usual grey fur) in their inventory and my Ranger succeeded only in skinning 1 successfully...

Failing skill checks is NOT A BUG

In the cave with the merchant Butterfly is able to climb down the rope into the cave - but it can´t move through the narrow passageway on the other side of the cave...
    Related to that: Despite Butterfly patiently waiting in the easternmost room of the caves my Bard could open the saddlebags two screens away from the Ox who wore them.

This element of the game was added specifically to make the game less annoying to players so NOT A BUG.

The Bombardier Beetle has either the same size problem or a problem with it´s script. I spot it, my Ranger starts transforming it into a Porcupine and BB just sits there never leaving it´s corner in the cave and harmlessly tries to barbecue the empty space before it...

When leaving the cave with Angryn and I chose to friendly remind :poke: the merchant of the reward and one of my characters receives 1 spidersilk - even if I already have taken the 1 spidersilk from the merchants inventory before. So either the merchants spidersilk must be non-moveable or the script at the exit of the cave must check if the merchant still has the spidersilk to give - and if not he could instead say "Well, you already served yourself. Keep the spidersilk as your reward." or something like that.

After hearing from the lord of the keep in the swamps that there always is a hextorite shrine somewhere I had the idea to speak again to the 3 guys in the church and to speak to the Monk again that I had hired last time I were there. When asked he told my Bard openly that he serves Gruumsh (chaotic evil)... I don´t remember having him say something about that before and with a Priestess of Pelor and a Paladin of Heironeous in my lawful neutral party I would not have taken him if I had noticed that before :shy:
    So I have to let him go...

NOT A BUG

When I go to the Lady in Red with the letter from the ambush her dialogue does not acknolegde her implication.

RP choice. NOT A BUG

I have been stopped for the 3rd time by a watchman due to having weapons in hand (which is great!) - however in the inn the Bailiff and the Cpt. of the Guard are off-duty with bransdished swords and all around them every mercenary flaunts their weapons...?

NOT A BUG

Attached Files:

8. ConjurerDragon

While moving stuff between inventory and the ox saddlebags I moved the two letters (the warning from the saddlebags and the letter from the ambush) to the saddlebags.
    Just as when selling stuff I did not move them to empty spaces in the saddlebags but simply dragged them on top of a rusty chainmail in the saddlebags - and they were gone.

I expected them to appear in the next free space just as when selling stuff to merchants.

When I moved the chainmal to a different slot the letters were there, hidden behind the chainmail (and the 2nd letter hidden behind the 1st).

I never knew that it is possible to put several items on top of each other in the same space in the inventory - is that a bug or normal behaviour for the saddlebags?

NOT A BUG

When speaking to the Master of the Guild he ends his dialogue inconsistently.
    Sometimes, e.g. after
    1. How´s business? and Glad to hear it.
    you end the dialogue but are still standing in the guild next to the Guildmaster (as I would expect if when I have the reputation as friend of the guild).
    However when you listen to his monologue about the history of the guild to the end BOTH options have you standing before the door.

On the cemetery map when looking at the map (m key) there is a small green spot shown halfway between the point a party enters the map and the entrance to the graveyard...?

Something is haunting the graveyard - leaving the crypt I had my first CTD. Reloading the last save on the graveyard map I had my 2nd CTD when trying to enter the crypt... :tombstone

Billy quest: Alertet Bailiff, got ring, went up through tower, knocked Billy out with non-lethal damage, looted him --> and then I can´t return to the Bailiff because I´m unable to enter the tower again... Clicking the blue door does nothing...?
    I attached a zip with the files for the save in front of the door. I have just tried and I can simply come down from the keeps wall by using the townmap - however that seems counter-intuitive when I came up the tower I would expect to go down the tower again...

When speaking to the Bailiff with the whole stuff of Billy in my inventory the dialogue gives only 3 options to answer:
    1) My pleasure (which is a perfectly fitting answer to his words - but it´s not clearly noticable that chosing this polite answer means NOT giving back his property at all! because after that he won´t ask for his bow... Had to reload for my LN party as that isn´t acceptable for them)
    2) Bow as requested and
    3) Bow and Arrows

The walkthrough mentions that if Billy is not killed the Bailiff would add his arrows to the reward. When I stopped Billy with non-lethal damage and returned both bow and arrows to the Bailiff I got the same medal as when returning only the Bow - only the text mentions that he did not expect to get his arrows back... Did I perhaps mess that up by chosing the "why can´t the guards do it" and "reward? Ointment" options before?

When returning ONLY the bow and not mentioning the arrows the Bailiff doesn´t say anything about the arrows - but I have no option to ask for the ointment that was promised in the dialogue before stopping Billy either. I see a problem here for an evil party: In that case I would not mention his bow and arrow (unless he would DEMAND them from me and then I would want try to bluff him to not give them back) and like to demand the promised ointment... For my LN party it´s not perfect either: I promised to return his bow so I would chose to return ONLY the bow, but then I don´t get the promised ointment and have no way to demand it :angry:
    So in my current LN playthrough I´m going to return both bow and arrows to get the ointment. Well the Paladin of my party would likely force that option on my neutral Bard anyway :roll:

At the druid shrine my wizard used Grease to trip a flying Harpy. Did that work because she webbed them before or shouldn´t Grease work on flying creatures?

The dialogue of the Hermit has an option like "Have food, come join" - however when talking to him after he already joined the party the same option is still there and makes no sense as he already is a member of the party.

The reward of the Hermit is a choice between 3 items without a clue what they do and without a guarantee of an exchange when the item chosen is not that useful for a party. Could you perhaps allow spellcasters that can cast the Detect Magic spell and have points in the Spellcraft skill a DC 15+spell level check as in the PHB to at least notice before chosing one that all 3 are magic items and the school of magic in their aura?
    e.g. an Amulet of Mighty Fists "faint evocation", Boots of Speed "moderate transmutation"...

NOT A BUG

In your mod the climb skill determines if characters can climb - or fall and take damage according to the height of the fall (which is great). However did you implement the PHB use of the tumble skill, that with a DC15 Tumble check you "Treat a fall as if it were 10 feet shorter than it really is when determing damage"?

NOT A BUG

Attached Files:

9. ConjurerDragon

When speaking to Master Bratac I missed the otpion to say "Tek'ma'te". :p
    Perhaps as an option for PC Druids or Rangers?

NOT A BUG

In his dialogue is a point where I have 5 options to answer with the fifth
    5) Balance comes through the law...
    being too long. The last line is hardly readable outside the textbox.
    However while there is no empty line between option 1 and 2, there are empty lines betwen 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5 so removing an empty line might get the last line back into the textbox.

I spoke to the Hermit with food in my inventory (that I had bought before without any reason) so the Hermit joined me and I was beamed to Bratac where Florin was healed. Then I saved to have a fallback in case I chose a wrong dialogue option - after reloading Florin was gone. :no: I found him at his original place and still could talk to him and receive his reward. Shouldn´t he stay with Bratac at least until Florin has given his reward?

SAVE-SCUMMING IS NOT A BUG.

Poor Angela the Bard is already encumbered by a medium load with only her own equipment when she joins - but when I kindly offer to lighten her load she refuses to give up her gold, repeating crossbow or her Rapier - though she simply allows me to transfer her Hat, bright Cloak, Chainshirt, crossbow bolts and ... magic boots?

Is it intended that potions can be simply identified using the "Read Magic" spell, but the ointment from the Bailiff needs to be identified using Identify to know what it is?

Obviously. NOT A BUG

Maeri´s Vial: When I USE the vial from the button in the inventory and then go the "just holy water", "rethink" options I still have Maeri´s vial and her empty bottle.
    However when I use Maeri´s vial from the radial menu and chose the same options I have THREE Maeri´s Vial in my inventory... Now I have to rename my Bard to Jesus... :roll:
    Mmmh, when that is chaotic water would it be against a LG Paladins morale to drench a LE hextorite shrine in it now that I have 3 bottles...?

A pack of wolves (shadow, mountain etc.) ambushed my party travelling and made successful use of their trip ability. Especially against Buttercup the Ox - and when I loocked at the dice rolls the wolf which successfully tripped the ox only had to beat a DC16 to do so:
    STR +6, Size +4
    Shouldn´t the Ox as the defender gain another +4 because it has more than 2 legs?

When I visited Thorpe with Angela in my party my Bards offer of entertainment for Lord Axer gave my LN party not just the option to have my Bard perform or both Bards to perform using the Perform skill, but to SELL the NPC bard.
    In the dialogue one of the options was
    2. By Beory, I do not traffic in such goods!
    Noone in my party is a follower of Beory, so where does that option come from? Having a ranger in the party who follows Ehlona?
    As the quest only mentions organizing some entertainment I thought the "traffic in such goods" comment only meant the ivory offered as reward or does it already refer to slavetrade? Because I only noticed that I have to sell the bard after returning and before thought I would just organize some entertainment.
    Sellling the Bard had my Paladin fallen (of course) and earned me the Slavetrader reputation but it also seems to open Lord Axer to give me the quests that seem to belong to the NE party questline (e.g. the next one is "Lizards lair" in the deep swamps). As he insisted before that he would give quests only to people in good standing with the church of Hextor is that really intended for a LN game?

One of the best moments in the game and you report it as a bug. Dear God.

When "Two-Swords" reached 3rd and I levelled her up it seems she has more feats than a fighter of her level would be allowed to
    Power Attack, Cleave, TWF, TWD, Exotic Weapon (Broadsword)
    and if she is a 2nd level human fighter before she should have only 4
    (human bonus feat, 1st level feat, 2 fighter bonus feats).

DMs choice, NOT A BUG

When investigating the content of Father Laemas pockets I found a Hold Person scroll that is not yet mentioned in the walkthrough
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=135440&postcount=1
    Or is that a bug and it should be a DIVINE scroll of Hold Person instead? Because the other scrolls (Silence and Unholy Blight are divine scrolls).

He also has a Poison (Mystic) - same question here as with the Ointment, why does Read Magic not identify it? That is, when the reasoning for having Read Magic be able to identfy potions is that under normal PHB rules a Detect Magic spell with a Spellcraft DC25 can do it, then why not identify poisons the same way as normal PHB rules allow a Detect Poison (0thlevel spell) with a DC20 Alchemy OR DC20 Wisdom check to identify Poison without having to spend 100 gold for Identify
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectPoison.htm

Poison has always been treated differently by ToEE. NOT A BUG.

When using Maeri´s Vial on the church in the Keep for fun a Glabrezu appeared. Both it and the 3 Priests have red rings indicating that they are hostile - but noone attacks and no combat starts. The Priests continue in their daily routine holding vigilance while the demon is standing right there... Shouldn´t the Priests either try to stop me (just as the druids at the shrine) or at least all priests immediately attack either ME or the demon? And considering that my party contains a LG Paladin worshipping Heironeous - shouldn´t the demon either attack or at least mock me? (The demon slowly looks at every party member - and when he sees a Paladin of Heironeus in the party that called him/freed him/desecrated the church he breaks out in a fit of laughter...)

I just decided to simply walk into the Lizardmen in the Swamp - if they attack so be it. However strangely they joined the fight only peacemeal. When the Lizardman warrior, the Shaman and the two Lizardmen next to them are in battle, shouldn´t the other Lizardmen and the giant lizards above and to both sides of them (e.g. the one standing a few yards away next to the river) be alerted? Noticing a battle going on would be a very simple Listen check with a -10 to the DC after all... :asleep:

Lizardmen Chief dialogue: In the part about the dragon there are 5 options starting with
    1) Very well, it´s a deal...
    where the text exceeds the textbox and an empty line could be deleted to have it fit in.

When I talk with the Lizardmen Chief with my Bard I can either ask about the Dragon or the "attacks from all sides". If I chose the attacks from all sides I learn that hextorites attack them and can then still ask about the dragon. If however I ask about the dragon then I find no option to talk about the other human attacks again and accepting the Dragonquest throws me out of the cave...

Conversations aren't meant to be perfect. NOT A BUG.

Resting in the swamp I had a random encounter with 4 large spiders. Shouldn´t those be limited to the southern forest as the spider lair (and having the "environment: Temperate Forest") and the swamp randoms be Lizardmen, Giant Lizards, Giant Frogs, Corpsers and such?

NOT A BUG

When harvesting spider silk is a profitable business (that the merchant in the cave and his partners lived from) wouldn´t it make sense to add a small chance of having Spidersilk to the Inventory of Large Spiders?

NOT A BUG

10. ConjurerDragon

When I go to the Scribe for my reward after the Billy incident the scribe is very helpful and notifies me that I would need enough space in my backpack for the scrolls he is going to give me and I better check that if I´m not sure. So I used the wait please option to check up how much space my Bard had - 9 empty slots - and was drooling at the thought of the dozen or so scrolls the Scribe would give me, after all it had to be more than I had empty space if he would warn me... I got *3*. :angry:

NOT A BUG

Lady Maeri hands out important quests with Chaotic Water to bring anarchy and undead chaos over the druids shrine with less care and in case of no space simply drops the flask on the ground and that scribe warns me because of THREE scrolls - he has to be a civil servant following a god of evil bureaucrazy... :rant:

One empty slot is reasonable, 3 means playing it safe. NOT A BUG.

In a random encounter some zombie goblins dealt non-lethal damage to my party. Is that intended or should they deal normal damage as the other zombies?

I returned to the cave in the Spider Woods where I already rescued the merchant to explore the part of the caves that last time I felt my party too weak for. However despite that the merchant is already rescued it still states the same, showing the picture of the merchant and that it´s down there I heard the voice of the merchant just as the first time when he was still there calliing for help.

11. Shiningted

Thanks again for the feedback Conjurer Dragon, I'm working my way through all this. Keep it coming :wave:

12. ConjurerDragon

After speaking to the Spider Queen and choosing to accept the "Back in the Sack" quest I
    returned to the Bailiff to ask for aid.

The walkthrough says:
    Only that I had no "What to do next" option when talking to the Bailiff.

In his 5 dialogue options first I tried
    2) I wanted to talk to you about one of the quests you´ve sponsored ---> but had only Erm nothing to say to him.

Then I took
    1) Can I ask more questions and
    I´ve got somewhere in one of the quests --> Erm nothing.

So I assumed that accepting the Spider Queens deal and the "Back into the sack" quest had me committed to that plan and spoiled the option to get the Bailiffs aid to attack her.
    I reloaded an earlier save, talked again to the Spider Queen and selected the Intimidating option to let ALL travellers in peace which only had the "Back in the sack" quest MENTIONED but not accepted.

But the Bailiff still doesn´t acknowledge that I talked to the Spider queen and I have no option to ask him for help in that quest...?

Edit: Reloaded again and had my Ranger speak to the Spider Queen who doesn´t understand her and backed off without having "Back in the Sack" even mentioned, went to the Bailiff --> Erm nothing...

In the Pub I noticed that now that my Paladin has gained a level the Courage marker is added twice (once from the Paladin in my party and once from the Captain). Is that supposed to stack or should only one of them have an effect?

[​IMG]

Black Dragon: When looking at my Ranger hitting the Dragon I noticed that it has only AC 17. A "Young Black Dragon" should have AC19. AC17 would be for a *very young* black dragon. However a very young dragon would be a small creature and the Dragon appears to be M-sized, so it should be a AC19 young black dragon (as per 3.5 MM).

After the dragon breathed ONCE and resisted a Tasha´s Laughter, Web and Glittergold spell it got caught in the web the next round. And since then it´s a sitting duck for ranged attacks...? Shouldn´t even a young dragon not at least try to break free from the web and either flee or charge my party? Shouldn´t it be able to breathe again after a maximum wait of 4 rounds?

[​IMG]

Strange, when I had my wizard dismiss the web spell to see what happens he attacks me and in melee his AC is 19.

When reporting the Dragon dead to the Lizardmen they gave me only 1 spideregg - does that mean that if I have not taken the "Back to the Sack" quest yet the Lizardmen will give me less without them even knowing if I have met the spiderqueen or not? And that I won´t be able to do the BttS quest because if I later talk to the Spider Queen the other 6 eggs are gone?

The cobbler gives the option to talk about the dragon scales only if the person speaking to him has them in her inventory.
    e.g. Ranger had them but Bard as the leader spoke to him - no option
    Moved scales to Bard and moved Bard to the 2nd rank --> option there despite not being leader of the party. As slaying a dragon is something important the whole group did I would have expected the option to be there if anyone in the party had the scales as in "WE slew a dragon and want some new boots made from it!"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  13. Shiningted

So, in conclusion, his AC is 19? Not a bug.
    The one egg they throw you is precisely to allow you to do that quest later - or people would complain about that - OR, to fulfil the other quest that requires a spider's egg. Choices, consequences - it's an ongoing theme. But please keep this thread for bugs only. The only bug in this post is the dragon not breaking free. I've alerted Gazra to an amendment he needs for the walkthrough - you have to do the Back in the Sack quest and then discuss with the Queen about not harming travellers, before the Bailiff will give you help. That's not a bug - you have to do something in the quest before the Bailiff will help you do more, and if you have not completed the Back in the Sack quest, you haven't actually done anything at that point.

If in doubt, always try advancing your game by doing something. I don't mean that as a smartass - I've structured the game based on traditional adventures, not just a computerised pnp game like ToEE is. When stuck, try advancing a different plotline and see if it helps.

EDIT: 'Side quests' like getting the dragon armour are always dependent on the speaker having the item in their inventory, for reasons explained in the Game Guide. Rtm.

14. ConjurerDragon

When advancing a level my Ranger got to memorize spells for the first time.

However on the list of 1st level Ranger spells is not only "Magic Fang" but also "Greater Magic Fang" (which should be a 3rd level Ranger spell).

And when I compare it to my 3.5 PHB:
    the ingame spell is described as +1/4 levels, max. +3
    while my PHB has it at +1/3 casterlevel (which in case of Rangers is 1/2 classlevel, max.+5
    Strangely the D20 SRD has another difference. It has +1/4 caster levels, max. +5
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicFangGreater.htm

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. ConjurerDragon

The Lizardmen give me 1 egg "because of their Shamans vision", regardless if I have the "Back in the Sack" quest or not.

However if I started the "Lizard vs. Predator" quest before the "BitS" quest then the Lizardmen have no way of knowing that I made a deal with the Spiderqueen and have no reason to suddenly hand out 7 eggs instead of 1. But they do and the dialogue even demands the eggs from them as if that was part of the deal with them - when at the time of the negotiations with the Lizardmen I knew nothing of the Spider Queen or of spider eggs.

Flays dialogue is too long for the textbox in the sentence that starts:
    "He´s not mourning! He´s magical..."
    Somehow that reminded me of a dead Parrot :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!