Endslides

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Jul 14, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Quick question - did people feel there was an appropriate number of endslides for KotB? Did they work at all? There was a few custom ones Half-Knight did and several I recycled from ToEE, mainly silly ones that would fire in pretty much every game so you would always have a genuine ending experience, plus some specific ones to reflect your particular game. Did they work ok? Speak freely :)

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Ted, the endslides are just fine. The funny ones are appreciated (yes, I'm THAT stupid :p). But to honest, they aren't much of a game breaker for me - I'll rather have dev time spent on other stuff, if that is the dilema.

One thing you might consider doing if you'd like to include a lot more end-game epilogue on 2-swords, Father Lemus, Flay, or what happens after the Caves fall. You could go to town with just large readable text and maybe the NPC's portrait w/o a full-blown the sketch, if artwork is what is holding you up.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks for the feedback Marc, those are good ideas. I had a sort of 'use the portraits' idea, fading into the endslide-style art, but I am not that good with Photoshop ;)

Our Host!