KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ok, as you know, 1.0.1 is now out, get it from the links at the top of the screen (the right link for the add-on patch to upgrade the current 1.0.0 version to 1.0.1 - activate add-on in TFE then start a new game, or the complete install - activate then start a new game). Changelog for patch HERE (as full as I remember).

Please post bugs here, feel free to include bugs from the previous version that may not have yet made the bug-tracker or if something is said to be fixed and still ain't.

Grey = Unconfirmed bug
    Orange = Confirmed bug
    Teal = Fixed bug in released update

May add other colours as the need arises :) Also, feel free to confirm either way any bugs in grey (which are 'unconfirmed').

Firstly though I want to note the following:

Known Issues:

• If you should somehow get drenched by dragon bile in the swamp, the damage taken will put you into combat mode. You will then be unable to loot any chests on that map until you hit 'C' to come out of combat mode. Please be aware of this.
    • You can currently only play as NEUTRAL GOOD, NEUTRAL EVIL or LAWFUL NEUTRAL alignment. This is a deliberate design decision for reasons elaborated on in the News thread.
    • The Orc Caves in the Caves of Chaos are currently EMPTY. The Gnoll and Hobgoblin Caves have minimal graphics. This is again a deliberate decision for reasons I go into in the News thread.
    • At the Raider camp, when you climb out of the ravine and onto the mesa, it unfogs the whole map. I'm not sure this is something we can control. It's actually a pretty good 'high ground' moment.
    • Long Description.mes has been improved, but needs a lot more.
    • Minimaps show secret doors revealed. This can't really be helped as we need to show all the 'scenery' objects or the trees etc won't be on the minimaps (and you'll see Emridy Meadows over and over for some of the outdoor ones ;))
    • Summonings issues not yet fixed - not a major bug (most still work fine) but will require a fairly elaborate fix. More to say on this later.

1)
    Updated in 1.0.1

2)
    Updated in 1.0.1 Here's hopin'!

3)
    Updated in 1.0.1 Sir Purrsalot, Tiger, Marmalade, Prince Leopold, Patches.

4)
    Updated in 1.0.1 Needs testing.

5)
    Updated in 1.0.1 Both Hextorite shields increased in value as per DMG (large steel shield, +1 bonus for spell).

6)
    Updated in 1.0.1

7)
    Updated in 1.0.1

8)
    Updated in 1.0.1 needs extensive testing

9)
    Updated in 1.0.1

10)
    11)
    Updated in 1.0.1

12)
    13)
    14)
    Updated in 1.0.1

15)
    Note: could note find this in dlg file.

16)
    Note: could not confirm this from checking the script, gameplay testing needed.

17)
    18)
    Updated in 1.0.1

19)
    Updated in 1.0.1 Untested.

20)
    Updated in 1.0.1

21)
    Updated in 1.0.1 I actually 'broke' this just before release to make her less overpowered (forgetting the TWF prerequisite). Go figure.

22)
    Updated in 1.0.1 Now labelled 'gloom'.

23)
    24)
    Updated in 1.0.1

25)
    Could not replicate - see pic below.

26)
    Updated in 1.0.1

27)
    Updated in 1.0.1

28)
    Updated in 1.0.1 Only found one possible cause of that, fixed it 30/7/14. Needs monitoring for others.

29)
    Could not replicate.

30)
    Updated in 1.0.1

31)
    32)
    33)
    34)
    35)
    36)
    37)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Bailiff Tower exterior door still inaccessible.

Cats still appear.

3. Shiningted

<sigh> I checked the Bailiff's door when doing the changelog. I hoped never to have to ask this, but are you using the patch or the full install version? I am setting up a clean install on my new PC to check everything went in.

4. Shiningted

Ok, can (sadly) confirm all this. The cat is not in the right place, either. I included the whole modules / maps folder for the patch (all 97 subfolders) to avoid something like this, but it happened anyway. Will get to the bottom of it asap!

5. relic

relic Established Member

After you complete the Grassy Knoll Quest (taking out Billy), the Bailiff rewards you with Keoghtom's Ointment. But you have to Identify it.

6. Shiningted

Ooo I hate those bugs... Glad you could get through it :)

7. relic

relic Established Member

In the Hobgoblin section of the Caves of Chaos, there are 3 prisoners: a man-at-arms and a merchant and his wife. When I approached to battle the 3 Hobgoblins in the area, the 3 prisoners of course are involved in the combat.

After I killed the Hobgoblins, the man-at-arms started attacking me, so I put him down with non-lethal damage. The merchant and his wife would not attack me, but the combat would not end until I left the area -- meaning I changed screens.

When I came back, the merchant and his wife behaved normally, so I was able to rescue them. The man-at-arms was still unconscious.

When I returned later, the man-at-arms was awake and attacked me. I couldn't figure out a way to get around this, so I killed him (and I see he's Lawful Neutral). Am I missing any quests related to this man-at-arms? There doesn't seem to be any problems at the Keep with me putting this guy down.

8. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

I believe that if you attack an NPC in the game in any way (or pick pocket them and get caught, ug), the default action is that they will attack you whenever they see you in the future.

I used to try things in the game that would make sense from a role-playing perspective with a human DM, like subduing them somehow (knocking them out, putting them to sleep, charming them, etc.) and the trying to talk sense to them after they wake up and calm down. But unless the NPC has been specifically and carefully scripted to behave differently, they will just attack on sight.

SPOILER
    The man-at-arms should calm down if you back off from combat to a certain distance, without attacking him at all.

9. Shiningted

Yeah, he should be exactly one of those who behaves differently. He's not plot-critical if you have to kill him, though. We'll keep tinkering that scenario.

10. chano

chano Established Member

deskdrawer of the priest is still unreachable it seems.

11. Shiningted

That's one of the 'redownload the patch' things, have you downloaded your 1.0.1 update in the last 48 hours? If not it needs a redownload / re-install, some of the map issues (like this) got missed.

Attached Files:

12. Busukaba

Busukaba Member

Pretty minor bug but figured I'd report it. I was trying, to no avail, to open the door in the Kobold caves where Korric's dwarf buddies are hanging out. I got tired of not being able to use inventory items so I tried different things and found if I selected Korric and selected Power Attack then clicked on the door I could just run him through the door. He'd wind up trapped with his dwarf buddies and he was the only member of my party I could do this with.

13. Shiningted

Thanks Busukaba. That's a not-uncommon issue unfortunately, often happens in combat too which annoys me. Not much we can do about it though. Korrac is one person who can get out of there though (he has the necessaries in his inventory).

14. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ted
    #14 ( The Starting Gold cheat ) is still in effect. I downloaded and installed the full version of 1.0.1 last night, started the game and tried it and it still "works".
    The Royal Canadian

15. chano

chano Established Member

I tried the gold thing and it did not work, i even think i was called a cheater when trying :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!