Where is the Thieve's Guild !!!

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by The Royal Canadian, Mar 20, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. mallevolan

mallevolan Member

shiningted. i personally think that you have a talent or two. i like the fact that you deal with your subscribers promtly and efficiently.
    you are a credit to this genre.
    i will be recommending you.

2. mallevolan

mallevolan Member

excuse the spelling, i'm disleeeeckkssickk!!!! :)

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thank you sir, I like to think I have a few talents to offer, but long-timers here will tell you promptness and efficiency are well down the list ;)

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

In my lawful neutral game my party won´t steal from anyone who isn´t evil :twisted: and take nothing from honestworking merchants.

So how does my Paladin get to bring justice to the Thieves Guild?

A nice touch would be to hear rumours that a thieves guild must exist because thefts are daily business but the guard can´t catch them - and then be able to nicely (Diplomacy?) ask the honourable merchants if they volunteer some of their stuff for me to "steal" to draw the attention of the Thieves Guild...

5. Shiningted

Not every game should involve every quest, if role-playing. Your paladin would never sink to associating with a Thieves' Guild, so don't sweat it.

6. ConjurerDragon

Not associating. That would be something for the evil alignments.

Investigating, finding their hideout by luring one of their contacts out and bringing them to justice would fit LN. ;)

7. ConjurerDragon

In my current game I left the house of Flay and that guildguy spoke to me. Has "only the pub" been changed or did something went wrong?

I thought that only stolen goods that are reported stolen would be counted for the Guild encounter (e.g. taking something and the merchant next to it calling out that he noticed).
    However when I took the villagers Garbs noone complained as if noone had noticed, but those still count?

8. Shiningted

Yes. Slightly inconsistent, but easier to implement.

The location of the cat that controls the Thieves Guild first contact appearing is another thing, like the Bailiffs door, that got changed at the last second (same map, obviously) and may not be in your German mirror. If you've got it to work anyway just enjoy, its not worth a reinstall.

Our Host!