A few words regarding balance

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Stasis, Jul 4, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

12 gold is quite lenient. The module had that about the Guild House:

5% of all Spidersilk and all wolfpelts and all silk in addition to the the flat 2D6 or 12 gold fee...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

'2d6' was, as you say, rounded out to 12 gold.

The prices you get on the market for silk etc are all 5% lower than they should be.

3. ConjurerDragon

If you want to have a conflict in deciding who gets the eggs then the eggs shouldn´t be all ready to pick up after defeating the Spider Queen. Have them hatch and 7 tiny spiders join the SQ in it´s last fight :tetter:

4. ConjurerDragon

Dragonhide spoilered:

I received the Dragonhide Armour from the Blacksmith for the first time and wonder about several issues:
    - when the dragon is a young one it would be a size M creature and should reap only enough hide for a single unit of masterwork hide armour "for a creature one size category smaller than the dragon", so a size S creature like a dwarf, Halfling or gnome, yet the armor is of normal M size;
    - the dragonhide armour is a medium armour that my Bard or Ranger are not proficient in - and the Cleric and Paladin already have better armour in the Fullplate +1 and the Breastplate +1 found in encounters. And even if the Bard or Ranger would be proficient with the hidearmour - the blue elven mail from Billy has better protection and the normal Studded Leather Armour is almost similar to it, with the sole exception of the acid resistance.

So - except for encounters where I expect acid to play a role - is there any special role for dragonhide armour or is it really already outclassed by the other armour from encounters when it´s finally done?

5. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

It makes good armor for a druid.

6. ConjurerDragon

Ah, I forgot Druids who can wear medium armour but may not use metal. I have none in my current LN game, but I´ll remember that when I try a neutral playthrough sometime.

Our Host!