Korrac´s quest

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by ConjurerDragon, Jul 25, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

spoilered:

Korrac: That dwarf is so eager to go back to rescue his people that he runs off when I refuse to help him *immediately*. He does so after waiting several WEEKS in the pub while I was dragonslaying and spiderhunting... :scratchhe
    Shouldn´t the dwarf at least have called out to the party to draw their attention (e.g. some overhead text like the merchants on the market: "Hey you, I need aid to rescue my people!", or even approach them when they enter the pub or come closer instead of patiently waiting in the cornerroom?
    When I reloaded and let him join I chose to travel immediately to the caves. The voyage was stopped by a random encounter. Could that have broken a script? Because when the party arrived at the Caves the dwarf did nothing and said nothing about where his clan is when talked to. In a life or death situation where help is needed QUICK I would have expected Korrac to point out in which cave his clans life is at stake...
    I used the rangers track ability but it showed only Ox, the animal companion of the ranger and Korrac. Shouldn´t there be say kobold tracks to be found leading to the kobold caves?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes, Korrac should say, "it's that Cave over there" or something. Will fix.

3. Shiningted

Fixed, and now Korrrac should mark a little flag on your map and everything. Also fixed the Goblin chief who likewise offers to mark a little flag so you can find his larder.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Ted, is there a "Hot Fix" in the plans to rectify many of the smaller issues you've already fixed?

I personally would appreciate a way to benefit from so many of these fixes without having to wait for the next official version and of course we all would hate if the next version ended up being rushed due to impatient folks pestering you. :p

5. Shiningted

Ummm, no? Just because all the fixes are mixed in together with the new stuff, so by not including everything I'd probably break as many things as I'd fix. Sorry :(

I do realise this is taking a while, the next update should have been released about 6 months ago according to our internal planning but I am making slow progress. A lot of demands on my time atm, alas, none worth really bringing up here.

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

When you manage to have some time to upload a new version could you change the name?
    That would prevent the issues that some people (like me) first have an older version of the game with the same name "Keep_on_the_Borderlands_1.0.1_Setup.exe" because of using a Proxyserver or downloading from a mirror that hasn´t been updated. Even if it´s only version 1.0.1.1

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Well then, you just take all the time you want and we impatient naggers will just have to exercise patience.

Don't know if I mentioned it before but, KoTB is really a fine piece of work. :)

8. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Agreed. It is very well done and the upcoming fixes are worth waiting for.

9. Shiningted

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that, but "pull your head in" would also have been an acceptable response to my tantrum ;)

Our Host!