Military Corporations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scryler, Jul 30, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

2. tomthefighter

tomthefighter Errr......

I'll confess that I've not watched the video ;-)

Like anything else, the potential for abuse is always lurking in the background.

Mercenaries have been employed since people first began swinging jaw bones at one another.

In the best case scenarios, they provide legitimate governments with resources not possessed by their own military.

At worst, well one's imagination could run wild...

In the US, many of these organizations are made up of former members of various elite units such as SEALS, Delta Force, Special Forces, Marine Force Recon, Rangers, etc. These are all highly trained highly disciplined individuals who generally have well developed senses of honor and personal integrity*. So hopefully the likelihood of abuse / unethical behavior would be reduced in those situations.

( * This was my experience having served with many former Rangers & Special Forces folks )

Scryler, this link might interest you -

https://www.globalpolicy.org/nation...nd-the-un/40931-new-role-for-mercenaries.html

3. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Just watched the film.
    Very interesting I really suggest if you are American or English you watch it.

In reply to Tom.
    These guys are very much the bad guys.
    Some of them maybe ex -special forces but they work for themselves now not for any government.

Just google Blackwater and see what comes up.

Our Host!