KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks for the feedback. The summonses / animal companions issue has been fixed (or at least improved). The Mercenary sounds like a bug, Korrac is more a "to be improved" thing (there is an overhaul planned for all the NPC followers where they act slightly more sensibly).

2. xandros2000

xandros2000 Member

When you store pelts in the saddle bags, taking them out causes another skinning check, which if you aren't taking them out with the person with surviving skill, you lose them all. Since pelts are one of the things most likely to be stored in the bags, due to their weight........

3. Shiningted

Curses, that's a bug all right. Thanks.

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The recruitable NPC Angryn (Merchant) (proto # 14323) is a ranger but he has no favoured enemy.

With the implementation of Gaear's new interface and text font in version 1.0.1, the Animal Seller now has overlapping text in his dialogue file (see screenshot below):

Attached Files:

5. Shiningted

Rangers are sometimes used as 'default' NPCs (rather than fighters, which for memory every Hommletian farmer was) because they are closest vis-à-vis saves to an ordinary pleb. Or something. Kalshane spells out the thinking somewhere. Certainly Reynard is not meant to be a ranger who goes to ranger school, takes a favoured enemy and learns to track things. He's just an Elf.

Re the text overlap, is that based on a specific screen resolution?

6. gazra_1971

I meant Angryn, not Reynard (my mistake).

I am running the game in 1680X1050 resolution. I haven't checked any other dialogue in the game for overlapping text in the dialogue box of the GUI because I am not doing a playthrough at the moment.

7. gazra_1971

When the mouse pointer is held over the recruitable Ranger, his name is displayed as Aereon.

[​IMG]

His inventory screen displays his name as Aereon.

[​IMG]

Both the names Aareon and Aereon are in his dialogue file. Which is the correct spelling of his name?

Attached Files:

8. Shiningted

Ahhh, there's a single bug in line 10 of his dialogue, thank you. The correct spelling nowdays is Aereon. It may not always have been the case.

FIXED

Re the animal seller's dialogue , I'll change that, please report any others.

Re Angryn, I'll check if there is a workaround (such as giving commoner NPCs hit dice instead of classes) but for memory that brings in other problems. In which case, Rangers lead the way!

9. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Killing the thieves guild causes the outside merchants to go KOS. I stole 3 items to attract the attention of the guild. After listening to their offer, and being NG, I decided to rid the keep of their ilk. After identifying and selling some of their gear at the black smith shop. I went to the market place to dispose of some other goods. As soon as I approached, they all went KOS and we entered combat immediately.

10. Shiningted

Hmmmm... that's a previous bug I thought was fixed. Did you attack them inside the Guild itself or outside in the marketplace when they made their first approach (ie before heading to the Guildhall itself)?

11. sonofliberty

In the guild hall after they made their pitch about rescuing their comrade.

12. Shiningted

Okay.... If you've gone to the Blacksmith afterwards and he was fine, but someone in the marketplace attacked you, then someone in the marketplace (probably Geoffrey) has faction issues, I'll fix that.

Could I ask you to post a save game for that to make things easier?

13. sonofliberty

I have no clue on how to post a save game. I don't see anyway to make an attachment here. I also have multiple saves and can't seem to find the KOTB saves vs the TOEE saves.

14. Shiningted

Then I am pleased to point you to THIS thread, just do your best :)

15. sonofliberty

Sorry, it turns out I did not save before quitting. As soon as I saw my game was ruined I quit. I will try it again and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!