The Swamp Tower fed-ex quest SPOILERS AHEAD

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Leimrey, Sep 5, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Leimrey

Leimrey Member

Greetings, I'm currently trying to complete the Swamp Tower fed-ex quest and I'm having trouble finding some of the components. Below I present the description of items I've already figured out and I would like to request some help with finding those that I lack.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

1) Golden Cup - a golden cup found on the shelf of the Tower Upper Hall.

2) "Note from my own hand" - no idea what this is, but I did find the blank parchment, a jar of ink and a quill on the table in the Tower Upper Hall. The quill, the ink and the parchment cannot be used from the inventory screen and do not appear on the radial menu as usable items, so I'm at a loss here.

3) "Third one from my mind" - I'm assuming this item is also linked to the quill and the ink, but I have no clue how to proceed.

4) Toy of a scaly child - I assume this is the Toy Tiger that can be found in the water next to the black dragon.

5) "Gift of water and shell" - I'm pretty sure this is either the regular or the black pearl sold by one of the merchants in the Keep Marketplace.

6) "One of my flowers" - I have found both Wolfsbane and Belladonna flowers next to the Swamp Tower, but I'm not sure which is the correct one.

7) "Bottle of palest beer straight from my own stock" - no idea where to find beer in the tower, perhaps I missed something?

8) "The quill from two and three" - probably the quill I've found along with the blank parchment and the ink.

9) "My broken clock" - I'm assuming this is the broken sundial piece found lying on the ground just before the tower entrance.

10) "Quivering heart" - the heart of the jelly cube found on the topmost level of the tower, I assume?

END SPOILERS

I would really appreciate some help with finding the remaining items, as the boss behind the locked doors sounds intriguing.

2. Leimrey

Leimrey Member

SPOILERS AHEAD

Alright, so after a rigorous pixel-hunting routine I've managed to find the beer barrels and the empty bottles in the lower level of the tower, but I can't for the life of me combine the items to produce a bottle of Wheat Beer :( Am I missing something or is my game bugged?

END SPOILERS

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You're over-thinking it - just throw the barrel in ;) All beer appears in barrels in KotB.

Since you've got 4 & 5 (the only 2 you have to leave the area for) I'll tell you the rest

- all the others are basically correct

- 6) is either one

- 2) is
    The note you were reading

- 3) is
    any of the various magic scrolls you find around his study

4. Leimrey

Leimrey Member

Thank you for you help, Shiningted, I would never have guessed that you need to drop the actual magical scroll into the chest - my brain doesn't work that way :dizzy:

I've been playing through the mod and I must say that it's fantastic, easily one of the best user made RPG modules I've played and I've played the s*** out of the entire NWN Vault :thumbsup:

Shiningted and milehisean like this.
  5. Shiningted

Thanks dude :)

6. usaerah

usaerah Member

So I do believe I have all the other quest items for the chest. The scaled childs toys is my problem. From what I have read the is a specific map location east of the tower for said toy. Problem is the lizard men quest was one of the first things I did in the game. I hear that the info about the scaled child comes from speaking to them...but I did not have draconic language and it just went to combat etc....So ?

7. Shiningted

Ok, I think this is a known issue for 'good' parties or parties who generally kill the monsters without chatting to them too much. You need to go to area 8, so in your console type

game.areas[8]=1

It's a small area, but it has big fun :)

That bug will of course be fixed in future games.

8. usaerah

usaerah Member

Not really a bug is it Ted? :)
    In a table top game if you did not have the skills/language affinity you would miss out on a lot of info. But sometimes though these kind of lessons are more frustrating in a video game when you dont have a DM to ad hoc work around it ;)

Though I have a possible bug here. It the caverns under the spider infested forest there is a merchant whom after fully exploring the dialogue tree express he wishes to be rescued but my party will not "take" him even after clearing the area etc. Cheers Ted...been wasting wat to much time on this creation of yours

9. Shiningted

Is your party full? They need a spare NPC slot. Keep in mind this depends how many spare NPC slots you have set up via the front end (ie if you have a 7PC-1NPC set up, then a single NPC will 'fill' your party even though you might only have a couple of party members over all).

10. passerella

passerella Member

Spoilers I guess:

So I've put everything into the chest that I thought was meant to go in, but for the heart bit I had assumed it was the 'gelatinous heart' I found in the water at area 8 and nothing happened when I put all the stuff in. On reading this I gather you're supposed to get the heart from the gelatinous cube in the tower, but I didn't think to try and loot it when I killed it and now I can't find anything where it was- have I botched the quest?

11. relic

relic Established Member

Passerella,

You need to go back to the tower room where you killed the gelatinous cube and use your tab key. The "heart" is just a little tiny dot, so it's easy to miss. If it's not there, I don't know what to tell you.

12. passerella

passerella Member

Thanks for the response Relic : )

I went back and double checked and I'm pretty sure there's nothing there, now I'm starting to think that maybe I picked it up by accident because as I said I do have a heart, I found it in my inventory and assumed I picked it up at area 8 where there was all that stuff in the water- is there one there as well?

13. passerella

passerella Member

Ooops, nevermind, I figured it out! I was just using the wrong brew :dizzy:
    Thanks again for the help anyway!

14. akyron

akyron Member

I have looked for that 'gelatinous heart' for hours today and killed it about 30 times in various ways.

I have altered the resolution from high to low and back again. The tab key is not highlighting it enough for me to see it. It needs a golf flag or something.

That wall cutting across the tower needs to go. Has anyone got a picture of it highlighted?

The tower area seems a little small as well. My party is 7 or so with minions and every move is a musical chairs game that can last for many minutes.

The module is both fun and frustrating at the same time.
    I think some signs on the buildings would be helpful to newcomers.
    Well done.
    Thanks.

15. Shiningted

The upper tower would indeed get pokey ;)

Glad you are having fun. There is a map in the docs folder somewhere to identify all the buildings in the Keep.

Our Host!