KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

For the starting shop, you need to do some scrolls (the last time, I just got the weapons and armor I like to use for each class and then all the scrolls I could get with what is left). I didn't use the item that gives you extra spell ability. My wizards do have magical affinity. When a scroll failed, I restarted and there was more money than I ended with before starting and it fluctuated.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

It's the shopmap money script.

For some reason it only triggers on loading a save specifically after failing to memorize a scroll. Go figure. Either way easily fixed, and I think it should solve the disappearing weapon problem too (part of the same script was to take away extra items from to proficiencies).

Attached fix.

ADDED to official version by Ted 31/12/14.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
  3. messedup

One more thing about the walkthrough. I know it is a work in progress so I don't feel I could post there. I noticed after the fight with the dragon, I found an additional item of a ring of feather falling (along with alot of rusty items). I am having a problem with the chest, warp wood, picking, and knock doesn't work. I need more help with this. Tried warp wood again and it opened. Do you actually need a level 4 (character) warp wood to open the chest or is this a bug or did I do something wrong.

I rescued Reynard, the level 0 person and I don't think that is supposed to be but I will let you decide. I then killed the ornry spider. I climbed the ladder and the spider queen that I got to not kill people attacked. Is this a bug?

I got the two scrolls for Reynard but when I sent to scribe one, both became missing.

Also, I went to Egor and talked to him. He said the first answer was 75 copper pieces not the 75 silver pieces you say in the walkthrough.

Hopefully one last thing, I have done the treasure hunt in the deep swamp. I put the items in the hope chest but I didn't get a key. Is this a bug?

One last one, I just finished with killing the mad wizard. I went to the baliff and he sent me to get a masterwork item. I then went back after clearing out the raiders and the option was still open and I got 300 gps. I can do that several times and no more killing of wizards.
    Just want to keep things square.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Korrac can't use his scroll of Open/Close on the jammed door because the spell Open/Close can only be cast by the bard, sorcerer, or wizard class, whereas Korrac is a cleric/fighter.

When holding the mouse pointer over the Dwarf, the name Tarken is displayed.

[​IMG]

Both the names Tarkin and Tarken are in his dialogue file. Which is the correct spelling of his name?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  5. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

The dwarves in the kobold cavern attack if you cast a cure spell on their fallen comrade.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Keys going into your inventory always disappear and show up in the Key section of your log book, which should have an entry saying:

This obviously magical key appeared in your pack after you solved the Mad Wizard's puzzles. Trick-key! (Sneak-key too).

@ Gazra: generally I use description.mes to give a definitive answer on these things: his name is

{20066}{Tarken}

The Bailiff and his eternal 300 gold thing was something I thought was fixed, which leads us to the issue of what version people are using.

I downloaded and installed the full 1.0.1 version yesterday and lo and behold, NO CATS. Not in the Bailey, not in the Spider Woods and not in the area under the Spider Woods where the merchant is (that's all I've tested).

Soooo... some folks are not using the latest version.

Now, that's not really our fault, it's to do with ModDB's mirrors, it would seem. And it's not the player's fault either, I am not emphasising this to be critical of anyone but just to stress that folks should make sure they are playing the latest version so they get the best experience and we get the most efficient way of dealing with extant bugs and not chasing shadows. The removal of the cats, while not plot-critical in most cases, did involve a small change to the Thieves' Guild plot (so you have the encounter when leaving the pub rather than leaving Flay's house, which you may never do after doing his couple quests) and it was the last thing included, so it's an easy gauge to see if you have the latest version and not some earlier place-holder upload that ModDB has mirrored.

Hope that helps. Now I'm confident I have the latest version installed cleanly myself, I'll check the rest of these bugs that are being declared.

7. Shiningted

I think Sitra's working on a fix for that but to show you how contrary the ToEE engine is, compare that (casting CLW makes people go belligerent) with Reynard, where casting a CLW spell on him is how you get in his good books and initiate dialogue, not combat :shrug:

8. sonofliberty

It's all good. I got some good loot from killing them, but I was playing a NG party and had no plans to do so.

9. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I posted the fix and explanation on page 2

10. messedup

I got the version off of here. I am not running the patch that it says is the latest. Wait, I moved back to ToEE 8.1 NC.

11. Shiningted

Okay, just to let folks know I am (slowly) working through these bugs. ;) Re the issue of guards bailing you up for impersonating a Guardsman if you wear platemail, I can confirm that is still happening, despite the presence of what was meant to be the fix. Interestingly, it seems to be a problem with the 'check the shield' script (long story why). I do sabotage myself with unnecessarily complicated scripts sometimes...

12. chano

chano Established Member

When getting masterwork item reward and my wizard is supposed to get a repeating crossbow he gets the menacing shortsword (same as lady maeri)

13. sonofliberty

That's not a bug, that's a feature ;)

14. Shiningted

That's sounds like an easter egg! Or possibly a typo. But I'll fix it.

15. Shiningted

Success on Son of Liberty's bug! It was the 'Rogue's Enemy' rep you get for murdering the Thieves' Guild, it was putting Geoffrey into combat. I have attached a fix below which should put Geoffrey's (and any other member of the Thieves' Guild you meet, though I can't think of any) reaction very low but not actually tip him over the edge. Note that if you have already antagonised Geoffrey - by refusing to look for his cousins, or finding them and not bringing them back, or you're a Dwarf and you mocked him for being an Elf - then he probably will go KOS but that's a result of your actions :yes:

Solution? Keep your interactions with Geoffrey in his house. The night-time mobs of the merchants in the market place (but NOT the Gypsy or Tattoo gal) are different mobs to the day time ones so as not to break their shop inventories and will react differently, so if you antagonise the Geoffrey-in-the-house mob the Geoffrey-in-the-marketplace mob is none the wiser. Of course Reputations affect everyone you encounter, but otherwise it's all separate. So if you want to annoy Geoffrey always do it in his house, and if he later attacks you there, you can kill him, beat the other two unconscious and next morning, they will be in the marketplace none the wiser (not Geoffrey - he's dead of course ;)) What happens in the house stays in the house.

To avoid all this I'll just remove Geoffrey from the Thieves' Guild faction in future. Pity. The file below goes in your data/rules folder.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!