Inventory Issues

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Busukaba, Sep 3, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Busukaba

Busukaba Member

New here and I hope I'm not reposting something but I didn't see any issues like this here. So I downloaded KOTB last week (1.01 version) and I was playing the tutorial and noticed a few things. The first is the little wizard you pick up in the tutorial who gives you examples of how and when to use spells and items has no spells memorized and I can't use items in her inventory. The spells thing is no big deal because I know that spell memorization and casting works fine due to subsequent play of the KOTB module. The inventory issue, however, is a bigger problem for me.

I didn't post this in the bug forum because no one else is reporting it so I figure it's just something I'm missing. I'm not able to use any items in my inventory (scrolls/wands) other than potions which have their separate radial menu option. I can hover on the inventory option on the radial and nothing happens. Likewise if I physically go into the inventory and drag a scroll to the Use Item icon, I get a message saying I cannot use the item. Am I missing a separate patch or something? I can't seem to find any info on this issue.

As I said, I first noticed it in the tutorial, but again when in the Kobold area of the Caves of Chaos when Korric asks you to use his scroll to open the door. I can't use the Open Door scroll in his inventory and I changed it to PC party inventories and I can't get them to work with my cleric, wizard, paladin or thief. Additionally, tried to see if inventory would work using the Protection from Vermin scroll I found in the Kobold chief's room and that didn't work either. Figure I gotta be missing something. Thanks in advance for help!

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, if you've tried that scroll, disregard my response to your bug report in the other thread. As you say, no one else has reported this but I'll test it and see. but generally speaking don't use the tutorial, I've appropriated various critters from it so it's not working in any meaningful way.

EDIT: Ok, played 1.0.1, recruited Korrac, he couldn't use his scroll presumably because he's a Cleric and its a Wizard scroll, but my Wizard opened a chest with it no problems. Sorry to be drastic but if this is effecting all your items, can I suggest you reactivate the mod-pack and start again? (And don't play the tutorial ;))

3. Busukaba

Busukaba Member

Thanks. I Reactivated and it worked. Of course, you are right that the scroll is for Magic Users and not Clerics and the thought never occurred to me that this is why my Paladin and Cleric couldn't use it.

I'm poking around with another oddity with the door but I don't think it's reproducible unless you select the entire party and are standing in a certain spot at a certain time. It's another rather low impact thing and if I can figure it out/reproduce it, I'll report it.

Our Host!