Quests in the Thorp -- possible SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by relic, Aug 31, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. relic

relic Established Member

I'm running a neutral evil party, and I'm curious how many quests you can do in Lord Axer's
    Thorp? At present, I've completed: 1) Lizard Lair; 2) The Other Silk Road; and 3) Swords for Hextor.

Are there other quests to complete? I'm aware there's a quest you can do with Angela the NPC bard. But are there more? I'm itching to relieve Axer of his personal weapon...

2. chano

chano Established Member

Killing the Lizard, killing the dragon, setting up trade route, the bard thing that Ted has mentioned. swords for the priest. thats 5 that i know of gotten 4 of them solved 2 Before feeling it was time to have a closer look on that Beautiful Falchion.

3. relic

relic Established Member

Thanks, Chano. That's pretty much what I've done. I think it's time to stage a coup!

On a somewhat related note, I don't think I'll ever be able to complete Who's Raiding the Trading quest. In my NE game, I have a Hextor cleric, and very early in the game, the Heironeous acolyte Mannes refused to speak with me. In fact, the 3 clerics in the church would attack me whenever I entered the church. But since I've taken down the Thorp and the Hextor temple, the 3 Heironeous clerics don't attack anymore -- as I'm an enemy of Hextor -- but Mannes still won't talk to me, so I can't complete the quest.

Has anyone ever used the new disguise skill to talk to Mannes? I'm not sure how the skill works, but I'm doubly curious if it would even work in this situation.

4. chano

chano Established Member

I read in some post a few days ago that someone had managed to complete that quest.
    can't find the post anymore though.
    I tried asking everybody but got nowhere, i was also NE so that seems to matter

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It's a tricky quest to be sure. Disguise only really works with the guards (if you are dressed up s one) and the head of the Merchant's Guild (if you try to con your way in as a merchant). I like the idea of using it for people who have such a low opinion of you that they won't deal with you (like Benemina and a few others). Also, you should be able to deal with the Church if you 'renounced' Hextor enough to get the Enemy oif Hextor reputation, so I will fix that too.

Otherwise that's about everything that can be done in the Thorp for Axer, but there are some quests for the Chiefs in the Caves of Chaos that will take you back there.

Our Host!