Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Could not replicate, and the script seems sound too. Can you post a save?

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Will do, thank SA.

EDIT: OK, I can't get this to happen again either ... maybe I was just hallucinating. :dizzy:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  3. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

Thank you very much for the reply/fix.

g22

4. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I am afraid not.....

I downloaded 09.35 BST (08.35 GMT) Monday 18th August [less than 33 hours ago] and AFTER reading above posting

I have just activated and started ToEE with that modpack

The dormitory still has two piles of weapons, one more interesting than the other:p

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I just downloaded the standard installer and examined it, and the extra weapons are gone from the shopmap. Questions -

Did you get it from a mirror?
    Did you get standard or new content?
    Did you run the installer again before reactivating the modpack?
    What's the date on the file '(your ToEE root directory\Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0 (standard or new content).tfm?'
    What's the exact size of that file?

Thanks.

[edit] Also checked new content download with same results.

Exact file size of Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0 Standard Edition.tfm should be 1,325,472,785 bytes.
    Exact file size of Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0 New Content Edition.tfm should be 1,325,471,067 bytes.

Dates for both should be Saturday, August 16, 2014, though that could vary slightly depending on your timezone.

6. Pygmy

I have only run the unstaller and activated Co8 8.1.0 NC once - I had a previous .exe file that I had deleted without installation when I read your email (we've been spoilt with two releases simultaneously)

I then clcked on the Modpack banner above and chose 8.1.0 NC from Modb? which sent me to a mirror and then to the downloader that plays adverts at you

TFM file 1,294,465 kilobytes dated 13/08/14 01:20 - apologies for UK date structure

7. Gaear

Looks like you've got the old one there. Did your download complete instantly by any chance? Sometimes if you've already got a copy of a file in a temp folder and try to redownload it, your system will see the original and skip the download, thinking "we've already got that."

Do you know what the mirror was?

8. Pygmy

http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of...rcle-of-eight-modpack-810-new-content-edition

Then the red button opposite mirrors

I notice the download size has increased from 623MB to 624MB in the last day and a half so with luck I should be OK this time

Where has the extra 120MB in 8.1.0NC download wrt 8.0.0NC download gone or is that a state secret?

Thanks for your help

P.S. I soon got bored ploughing through piles of magic weapons so perhaps I am not an irredeemable powergamer after all.

9. Gaear

The download page and the red button are the normal download routine, but you can get to other mirrors via another link after the button. ModDB maintains several download locations and I think assigns you one based on location or server load or availability most likely. But they should all be updated since the master was. I was thinking maybe their Gamefront one wasn't or something like that.

Can't share secrets sorry ... well we could but then you'd have to get a visit from the assassin. ;)

10. Salk

Salk Established Member

Thanks! :thumbsup:

11. Pygmy

Thanks Gaear - now works minus weapons dumps and better still my character is still there!

12. Sergiond

Sergiond Member

13. tapek

tapek Member

I got this also in 8.0.0/8.0.1, so it is not new bug for me :p

PS:
    If you do not know you can enable some useful debug info in:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Troika\TIG\Debug Output
    (or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Troika\TIG\Debug Output for 32bit system)
    keys are (all DWORD, 0/1):
    console - log to console
    debugger - log to debugger
    file - log to file (debug.txt)

And my debug.log spams some errors in spells and help: http://vpaste.net/WGMEN

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  14. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

This is my first post and I have noticed this. I have been using 8.1.0 for about 2 days and I had something strange today. I completed the Hero's quest and went to sell a steel +1 shield at the guard tower and when I left the guard tower, Brother Smyth was asking 1. 2. It was like that with nothing behind them and I couldn't get out of the dialog box. I had a party of 6 level 6 PC's (1 Ranger, 1 Paladin, 2 Clerics, 2 Wizards and all are LG). I also had Elmo at level 7 and Meleny at level 5. I clicked on one of the options and got masterwork half plate. I sold it and then went to Nulb and the red dots that are shown on the overland map didn't show up. After that, everything looks to be normal.

Before you answer, I also noticed that if my people save for a disease, it doesn't matter if I am successful or unsuccessful, I still get diseased.

If you need more, I can send you a save after I found the first problem. I have placed a zip file (if I did it correctly) to this with all the slot items.

This is also the New content, sorry.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Please do. Also, are you playing NC or Standard?

Our Host!