Weapon properties, crafting

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Major_Blackhart, Jan 5, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Silver weapons do exists, they were ceremonial, generally made of steel, then were plated with silver. Metal plating was done 5000 years ago in China and Mesopotamia. They would have been just as strong as a steel weapon, but the silver would not hold as sharp an edge as a steel one.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

It may also be that silver weapons are an alloy laced with silver or enhanced by magic and skill of the craftsman.

3. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Well, you could always poke them with a fork from your set of silver cutlery. ^^

Anyway, does nobody know why the silver sword of chaos has this crafting bug?

4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Since it's been around since the HB mod was created, I'd say no one has been able to figure it out. It may well be due to the freedom of movement, since AFAIK no other weapon has that ability. I know I asked Krunch (HB mod creator) to take a look at it, but he never really said if he did, and obviously never posted a fix.

5. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Now that I downloaded worldbuilder I'll check if it is the freedom of movement enchantment.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Except in DnD silver weapons aren't made out of silver. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialMaterials.htm (read down to the "Silver, Alchemical" entry).

7. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Except D'n'D isn't real life. ;)

Interesting that the d20 SRD uses the same process for silver weapons that GG described for real life.

8. Kapacha2089

Kapacha2089 Member

Silver Weapons Question:

What are the proper alignments to wield silver magical weapons? Is it True Neutral? I always took immediate damage when I wielded a silver magical weapon, when I either had a chaotic or lawful alignment character. Thanks.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If you're speaking of The Silver Sword of Chaos then it's not the silver that's causing the effect but the alignment of the sword.

A standard silver weapon should have no ill effect for a character proficient with that weapon type.

10. Kapacha2089

Kapacha2089 Member

Sirchet,

Thanks for answering my question.

However, there is a powerful Silver weapon that is NOT found in the game, but found on your cheat weapon list called the Silver Nodachi; as well as the other non-Silver powerful named weapons, which are immensely brutal, especially one that kills everybody except the wielder.

The Nodachi sword did not indicate any alignment in the description provided. It only provided its special ability, the sword type and the magical plus of the weapon.

Thanks.

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I believe that is weapon designed for testing and debugging purposes.

Our Host!