Slavers convenient bug (8.01)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by acemcjack, Jul 27, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. acemcjack

acemcjack Member

So I'm, like, getting all pumped up to battle the slavers with my 5-man (and woman) party. I do the entire dialog sequence, during which my barbarian is killed, and then battle ensues.

As before, they begin kicking my butt. Then my 15th level dwarf cleric get his turn. I figure, hey, maybe I should use my newly acquired spell "Holy Word" to maybe hurt them a bit...

BAM!! They all die (except for one, who I proceed to kill right after I resurrect my barb). I look at the rolls history, and I see they all sustained some 1500 damage.

Battle over, I win.

Has this happened to anyone else? I kind of expected a bit more challenge... ;)

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Holy Word is bugged in that it miscalculates caster level, but that will be fixed in the upcoming release.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I believe Holy Word will also kill a NG character that gets stuck in the area, even though it should not affect him.

4. acemcjack

acemcjack Member

Thanks Gaear. I've used Holy Word before, in Hickory Branch, and it seemed to work well. That's why I was so surprised when the slavers all died instantly.

None of my characters were harmed, and I do have a couple of NG characters.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It's funny that it will not always kill a NG character, but it does seem to do it when I can least afford to lose one. ;)

Our Host!