Portrait Limit

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shadowraven, Feb 6, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shadowraven

Shadowraven Machiavellian DM

How many portraits will ToEE support? From looking at what is in game now, I've counted 133. That is well beyond the limit of 48 that I thought was originally in the game. From looking at the blank spaces left in the portrait interface it appears that you can add up to 28 more (for a total of 23 rows of 7 each=161). The numbers available in the portaits.mes file would seem to allow as many as 249, but I think it unlikely that interface will allow that.

I plan to be doing a major overhaul of the PC portraits in game, and NPC later, to use higher quality images (i.e. like the BG portraits). I have several thousand images to choose from, collected over the years, but I need to know what I have to whittle it down to. So my question is, what is the limit, if any?

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

3. Shadowraven

Shadowraven Machiavellian DM

Yes, I've read that thread, and many others on the subject, but they do not answer my question. One of the packs will make a total of 167 portraits, but it does not mention a limit. I already know how to create portraits and install them into the game. I was just trying to see if anyone knew the answer before I started experimenting to see how many it would support as it takes awhile to create them. I seem to remember trying to do this before, but the game would not display all of them, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
Our Host!