Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

==================================================

KotB Project Status: Active

==================================================

Just so people know where the mod is at. If I don't update this regularly, kick me! (otherwise don't reply here :point: ).

Update as of 12/9/5 - got my roof textures, on track to have a SIMPLE, playable keep map by the weekend to go out in the starter pack (also on track for the weekend). :yes:

2. Shiningted

A couple new pix up on the site (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shiningted), I am not going to post everything so as to keep some surprises for the final release (and do you really need to see day/night versions of every map at this point?) Suffice it to say Screeg is doing wonders, last count he had posted me about 11 maps for 4 different locations and has more going. And I am still stuck on the Keep map!

Sectoring is slightly harder than I thought - unlike other elements of modding in ToEEWB (which I had already been doing by hand with a Hex Editor etc) this is completely new to me. But Agetian has been very helpful and once i get the hang of it I should be able to get through the maps pretty kwikly, judging by Agetian's "what can be done in 20 minutes" example.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Ted the Holy...!

Man, all that is VERRRY impressive! I'm proud to say I know you...well, sort of anyway. The whole thing looks incredible, and I can't wait to give it a play. I'm looking forward to helping with future projects, and have one or two in mind for the stage after the Keep is done. Of course, I will gladly lend what aid I may to these efforts, namely modular material of the appropriate 'next step' variety. If KotB goes to level 5 or so, then I've got The Forgotten Temple of Thrizdun, which easily goes from there to level 10.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PS...maybe after that it'll be time to launch into the "G" series...*slobber*
    :dribble:

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey Ted, I'm getting a 404 error on your above link. The one in the main thread still works though.

5. Shiningted

Thanks Gaear - it was interpretting the final ')' as part of the address. My fault.

Your Lordship, you do realise those screenshots are my mod and NOT what has been achieved in Kotb thus far? Though it will look that good easily enough, because we are using so much of the original ;) I shoulda made more mention that I have screenshots of my mod in the gallery - they are linked at an Ultima forum to encourage people to come here and stare in awe at the glorious world of ToEE modding :D

PS: You've seen Edwin's ideas, the party may be lvl 20 by the time they finish ;)

6. Lord_Spike

Well, you fooled me, then. No matter. That it will look that good is still encouragement enough to keep on keepin' on...

Promise of a new tomorrow and all that...

:blush:

One thing about Edwin; he's definetly a man on a mission.

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I noticed in one of the snapshots (mypic20) that someone appears to be using the egyption longsword with a scimatar floating above his head. I thought I fixed that...

8. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Very impressive. Good job, Ted & Co.!

9. Shiningted

Thankyou muchly.

Cujo, that was because of the sword? I had no idea what was going on there.

What would the fix look like? Its certainly still in the mod as it is.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I fixed it so that it (the egyption longsword) didn't have the scimatar floating above it, I first noticed it when I consoled it in ages ago. I guess I'm goint to have to take another look at it, cos what I thought I'd done was to get rid of the floating scimatar.

11. Shiningted

Ok, sectoring of the Keep has begun (sorta), I am going to have to redo the scale since characters are too small for it (see the new screenshots as Elmo discovers the giant pub of his dreams), but at least I have a map for them to run around on.

The September 20 deadline for the Starter Pack will obviously not happen due to work on Co8 4.0.0 (and that whole real life crap) but I have 4 days off coming up and should be good to go by next week.

12. Lord_Spike

2 comments:

1. Elmo looks like he's standing outside of the Steading of the Hill Giant Chief (...which is very :cool: )

2. I hope he doesn't wind up like one of the brownies from Willow...BEER!!!

13. Shiningted

1. Hence the 'redo scale' comment...

2. The brownies were the best part of Willow! And at least George Lucas had the b*lls to use real live Hobbits, not funny camera angles like Peter Jackson!

14. Lord_Spike

1. I wasn't complaining, you see...just noting possible future applications ;)

2. Dust of Broken Hearts...( you know that they were Lenny & Squiggy, right?)

15. Shiningted

Update

Screeg, as I have mentioned elsewhere, is redoing the entire Keep map to make it gel with his interiors, which will greatly improve the quality of the maps and the general experience. He has already done at least 10 different locales - 5 little houses, Guildhouse, pub, front gate, and 2 others you folks don't need to know about right now - with night/day versions, and multpile levels for the Guildhouse and pub, so he has been a busy fella.

The plotlines for the alignment quests are all in place at the moment and are being fleshed out more thoroughly. The alignment quests are almost all end-game related and provide at least 4 very seperate outcomes to the game (2 for Evil, one for TN and a general good one for just wiping out the C of C. Possibly a seperate CN one as well).

What are they? Never you mind... :grin:

The different outcomes mean there can be very different quests / plot threads, and ensure playing through as different alignments is a very different experience (well, a bit different).

I am working on some dlg files and sectoring some maps, as well as the Starter pack which is well under way.

Still not ONE single NPC has been suggested to me, apparently the stories you people tell of your PnP days :blahblah: are somewhat exaggerated, or you created some forgettable characters... sorry, ONE person has suggested a character, son of a Greyhawk guardsman and a camp follower if I vaguely remember ;) He'll certainly be in there somewhere.

Our Host!