Call for Assistance: Personal Donation Drive

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Agetian, May 22, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Dear fellow Circle of Eight members,

I would like to appeal to all of you with a rather urgent call for a personal donation drive. As much as I dislike making donation appeals like that, I feel that given the circumstances it is rather imperative that I ask for any help that may be possible from the fellow community members.

First of all, I'd like to say that all the work that I have done on this website over the last nine years in the form of writing multiple support tools for Temple of Elemental Evil including various game editors and the game front-end, as well as all the research work put into it, has been fully voluntary and will continue to be so, I have never charged any money for any of my tools (and neither will nor even legally can do so), all the tools have been and always will be available free of charge and are open source. Also, I have not received and am not receiving any share from the donations made directly to the Circle of Eight board, as that money goes directly into covering the costs for running the Co8 server and keeping us alive (which is also very, very important, by the way!). Please do not take this request as a demand to pay for the tools - that is not the intention, and everything that is free on the Circle of Eight will continue to be so for as long as we exist.

Please also understand, however, that developing software over many years is a difficult undertaking that requires both good, stable hardware running for a significant amount of hours per day, and a great investment in time and energy. Since my current home computer system that is used as a development platform has become severely unstable because of its old age, either a complete upgrade or a replacement is in order. The total sum of money that would be required for an adequate modern system that could be built from high quality components and used as a development platform might be somewhere between $700 and $900, which is a very large sum of money for the country I live in. Upgrading software or installing versions of newer operating systems from Microsoft for running the game and testing the toolset on is also a costly investment.

Please, if you feel generous and if you can spare a little sum of money on keeping my development efforts going (every little something matters - a donation as small as $10 or even $1 would be a significant and welcome contribution!), please consider making a PayPal donation (the sum of money is entirely up to you - as much or as little as you feel you can contribute would be absolutely adequate) to my PayPal account: stavdev AT gmail DOT com

The money contributed this way will be spent on upgrading hardware and buying any extra software that may be necessary to ensure stable, smooth operation of my development and testing efforts in the upcoming years.

Before you donate, please understand that it is a personal donation, a gesture of good will. You are not buying any goods, software, or services from me - everything I'm doing here is and will be free of charge, no matter whether you donate or not. The only difference is in how long I can keep going with my efforts and how much I will be able to contribute on top of what I have already done.

Thank you very much in advance for your contibution, dear fellow members!
    With your help I will be able to keep going with my development efforts here and contribute more improvements to the ToEE Front-End (currently undergoing a major rewrite, by the way, to be released with Co8 v7.9.0) and to the worldbuilding facilities, when and if the necessity arises.

IMPORTANT: Seems like there is some confusion about how to donate to me for the good of this donation drive. Here are the instructions (remember, the PayPal donation link you see on the website is a separate donation link, you should use a different method to donate to me directly) - you can use this link:

Donate to Agetian [ToEE Toolset Development Donation Drive]

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed already and is considering to contribute!!

Yours truly,

- Agetian
    The Circle of Eight Community Board Administrator
    ToEE Toolset Developer

2. Agetian

Donation status update 05/23/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $200 / $1000 (20% achieved)

A big thank you goes to sirchet for a generous donation of $200!

If you haven't considered donating yet, please read the original post here and see if you can help. Every little donation, even as little as $1, matters greatly!

- Agetian

3. Agetian

Donation status update 05/24/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $210 / $1000 (21% achieved)

I would like to thank Sean Donohue for a $10 donation.

If you haven't considered donating yet, please read the original post here and see if you can help. Every little donation, even as little as $1, matters greatly!

- Agetian

4. Agetian

Donation status update 05/25/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $275 / $1000 (27% achieved)

I would like to thank Taluntain for a $50 donation.
    I would like to thank General Ghoul for a $15 donation.

IMPORTANT: Seems like there is some confusion about how to donate to me for the good of this donation drive. Here are the instructions (remember, the PayPal donation link you see on the website is a separate donation link, you should use a different method to donate to me directly - you can use this link):

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed already and is considering to contribute!!

- Agetian

5. Agetian

Donation status update 05/26/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $275 / $1000 (27% achieved)

There were no new donations today.

IMPORTANT: Seems like there is some confusion about how to donate to me for the good of this donation drive. Here are the instructions (remember, the PayPal donation link you see on the website is a separate donation link, you should use a different method to donate to me directly - you can use this link):

- Agetian

6. Agetian

Donation status update 05/26/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $441 / $1000 (44% achieved)

I'd like to thank Sitra Achara for a very significant donation of $175!

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed already and is considering to contribute!

- Agetian

7. Agetian

Donation status update 05/27/13:

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed already and is considering to contribute!

- Agetian

8. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

Agetian, I have no paypal acc., but if you pm* me a real world name address. I'll send something.

9. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Likewise. I'm completely broke at the moment but might be able to send something end of next month if you don't make your target before then.

10. Agetian

@ phlippy g, Hugh Manetee: Thanks a lot for your support, it means much!

- Agetian

11. Agetian

Donation status update 05/29/13:

- Agetian

12. Agetian

Donation status update 05/30/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $491 / $1000 (49% achieved)

I would like to thank Spencer Padilla for a significant $50 donation.

- Agetian

13. Agetian

Donation status update 05/31/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $496 / $1000 (50% achieved)

I would like to thank Cristiano Messaad for a significant $5 donation.

- Agetian

14. Agetian

Donation status update 06/01/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $516 / $1000 (52% achieved)

I would like to thank Michael Hawes for a significant $20 donation.

- Agetian

15. Agetian

Donation status update 06/03/13:
    DONATION GOAL PROGRESS: $516 / $1000 (52% achieved)

- Agetian

Our Host!