Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

I wish I had known this earlier. Can she wear just the one ring, or two?

If she wears an amulet of owl's wisdom, she loses some movement speed, yes, but.. will she get the wisdom? Can she be wearing clothes or unenchanted armor and not have a movement penalty, or must she be naked?

The co8 forum search feature points me to whole threads, not specific posts, and some of those threads are quite long, like this one.

Edit: I still have trouble with forum searches, but I managed to find this thread:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9805&highlight=wild+shape

linked to in another thread. I'll do some experimentation for answers to my other questions.

Perhaps there is an advantage to wild shaping, after all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When you click on search you can choose to view threads or posts. ;)

3. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Not sure if this is already known, but I couldn't find it with a search of this thread.

The level four slot in the Evil Domain has a Quickened Unholy Blight as an option, in addition to a regular Unholy Blight.

4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

POSSIBLE BUGS:
    The official descriptions on the Circle of Eight modpack pages list these spells with inaccurate (compared to tabletop) rules:

-Chain lightning says it does d6/CL to its primary target (max 10d6) when it should be max 20d6.

-I thought that horrid wilting had a typo, but its 20d6/20d8 cap is correct by tabletop.

5. Endarire

8.1.0 New Content:
    In the starting area, standing near the Scrolls Chest (and probably in the spawning region of this map) causes the party's funds to reroll upon loading. This means that patient people can buy everything they want for immediate needs plus more to sell once they get to the 'main game.'

It's a bug, but an amusing one. It's about equivalent to saying, "This gear is all free - if you can haul it!"

6. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Actually you can do this anywhere in the start room like where you sleep and you can get a lot of stuff. This has been posted before and they said they thought they fixed it. It seems to give anywhere between 50 and 130 in money.

7. Endarire

NOTE: I'm also using Rudy's Item Mod 0.8 and Co8 NC v8.1.0.

8. Endarire

I entered the Temple via the Lareth route, won the entry fight, then returned to Hommlet. I recruited Burne, took his scrolls for my Wizard, and copied what of them I could. I could not copy dominate monster, even though I didn't know it and I was a generalist Wizard. There was no menu option to copy dominate monster.

- - - -

The adventurer meetup (random encounter) was bugged. I opened the fight by casting web without talking to the fine folk. The Rogue, Ranger, and attack dog were treated as not being there. I could mouse over them, but I couldn't attack them nor interact with them otherwise.

- - -

Zaxis: In dialog, I get the option to have him sell me his equipment (and if I try, he says no), but I can just strip him and take his stuff from the get-go.

- - -

In the Smigmal Temple fight, why is the assassin icon seemingly a woman with sunglasses?

- - -

Will-o-Wisps were outright immune to cloudkill when cloudkill does not (by tabletop rules) check spell resistance! Please correct me if I'm wrong. I want the cloud of killing to slay these wisps!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  9. messedup

If you look in the thread, I brought up not being able to copy Dominate Monster and someone pointed out that there is something missing in the file for Dominate Monster. Once that is put in, you can copy Dominate Monster.

You have to ask others about the rest.

10. florian1

florian1 Established Member

In the PnP D&D 3.5, Will-o-wisps are immune to all magic except Magic Missile and Maze. How ToEE deals with that, I am not sure.

Also, I wonder if they need to breathe or not. If not, I imagine spells based on vaporous clouds would not be effective.

11. Endarire

Will-o'-Wisp 3.5 entry.

Wisps are immune to all spells that allow SR (save maze and magic missile). Cloudkill and most conjurations don't allow SR.

Cloudkill affecting wisps is debatable since the wisps are Aberrations. I'd prefer cloudkill work but can see it going either way.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  12. Endarire

Lareth's Plate Boots: I try to sell them but Brother Smyth won't buy them. A dialog window with 3 blank options comes up every time I try.

13. Endarire

Adding Shocking Burst/Icy Burst (and possibly also Flaming Burst) to a weapon:

The inventory display doesn't update to reflect the increased crit multiplier - or the game doesn't increase the crit multiplier. (It should!) Either way, it's a bug.

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The Wisps thing has been known for a while, guys - they implemented the 'all immunity but..." by giving them an insanely high SR. It does break some things, but can't be fixed without breaking others.

15. messedup

Sell them to Romag and you will get a surprise in a while in the overland map.

Our Host!