Good but AntiClimatic

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by sonofliberty, Oct 19, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

So, I finally finished KotB. It was well done if anticlimatic at the end. I still had some quests undone and my characters only made 5th level when the last guy died. Kudos for the work thus far, I hope you expand it.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks for the honest feedback, this release was content-heavy but plot-light: that will be remedied in future alignment focussed releases.

3. sonofliberty

It was fun to play, don't get me wrong. I don't really see where the alignment would have made much difference. I played NG. I guess that will come with plot development. Two things that I never really got to explore that I really wanted to.
    1) The merchant guild. Never got to join
    2) The smith mentioned, 1 time and 1 time only, about helping him expand his markets to help dump some of the gear I had been selling him.

Additional thoughts.
    1) Nobby and Reece don't empty their inventory often enough.
    2) The giant lizards should join the battle on the side of the dragon.
    3) Summons still just stand around unless the caster is fairly close.
    4) Many of the encounters in the final cave are not KOS.
    5) Definitely need a market to sell the extra spider eggs, alcohol, and various other sundries we came across. Not that money was lacking. Just me and my mercantile ways I guess.

Let me say that the game functioned very well over all. Once the plot is added, this will be great. Thank you for all of your hard work.

4. Shiningted

Thanks, most of the suggestions are things we're doing or intend to do. No 2 (giant lizards) sounds like a bug - they are meant to be charmed by the Dragon and fight for him - and the final Cave needs a couple of tweaks to make the Hegumen speak to you before combat, but most of the others sounds like things we are doing. By and large they are related to the Merchant's Guild: that's the place that you currently advance the Blacksmith's quest to get him a market for his masterwork gear. It's also the place where in future you will be able to sell silk, alcohol and other bulk goods. (That bit is pretty much finished for the next release). The Summonses fix is finished too :)

Mind you, there are two places to sell alcohol in the game already. Think like a bootlegger :) Nobby and Reece refresh by the game's internal mechanics, but they shouldn't go off too often either way - they're small-timer's on the frontiers, they shouldn't be getting new inventory every other day.

5. sonofliberty

It's ok. I maimly sell javelins to Nobby and leather armor to Reece. I do like that the provisioner resupplies arrows very often.

6. Gruber

Gruber Member

I personally have a lot of longswords, maces etc that I would like to sell, but no luck. Money seems to be a problem already as I'm always broke.

The lizards worked fine for me, they've jumped us from behind and ate our asses :angry:

Also, there is not enough space to leave my goods. Any help on this?

7. Shiningted

Space? You mean like a closet? There's one upstairs in the Inn for your use, otherwise the various other houses (where Flay, the Mercenaries, the marketplace vendors etc) live should all have a closet that no-one will care if you use. Just don't nick their stuff accidently (deliberately is fine ;))

Also, drop by the stables to the north of the main gate (top of the screen) and pick up Buttercup, if you haven't already.

8. Gruber

Gruber Member

It seems my closet in the inn room was bugged. When i reloaded i could put a ton of stuff over there again :) Found other places, just did not know if they are safe for storage.

Oh and the ox and the animal dealer are both great! Finally some wise solutions :thumbsup:

Our Host!