Things I can't find in KotB Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by UncleBuck, Sep 6, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Playing through 1.0.1 with a NE party for a change and having some difficulty locating a few things.

1. Garlic -- where is it??

2. Thieves Guild
    Can't figure out how to attract their attention or find them. I've completed quests for Maeri, Axer, and Flay as well as hanging out around the pub and Flay's house. Talked with numerous people around town, but no one mentions a thieves guild

3. Caves of Chaos
    Can't seem to get a location for the Caves even though I accepted the Caravan of Courage. I know I can get the location using the dwarf NPC, but I believe there is supposed to be several other ways to find them.

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Full Spoiler if you really want to know:

1) It's on the ground at the exterior map where the lizard man encounter is. Just walk around and hit the TAB key till you find it.

2) I don't blame you for this one. I would have never gotten it had it not been spoiled for me. You have to 'shoplift' any 3 items laying around the various shops in the keep, and be seen doing it. (you will see a text floater by someone nearby that says something like "Hey, stop that, I saw you!", but they don't do anything about it at that time). This will eventually trigger an encounter with a guild member. As an aspiring thieves guild member, I instictively avoided something as obvious as shoplifting in plain sight, so I probably would have played thru the game 20 times and never gotten it either.

3) I'm not sure what the exact conditions are, but after completing enough quests, a posting will appear on the message board in the provisioner's shop about the "New Threat". Accept that quest and the caves open up.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The Caves quest appears when you have done 2 or more of the Bailiff's other quests (including Billy).

One of the rooms inside the Inner Keep also has a reagent cupboard with every plant in the game.

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I can find no evidence of the prior party I am supposed to look for.

5. Shiningted

The quest says, "A group of adventurers exploring the swamps south-east of the Keep have disappeared. You have agreed to an official request to find news of them." So if you head in that general direction (ie toward the Lizardmen or the Thorp) either of those locales should provide a clue.

Ultimately, though, the adventurers met their fate elsewhere. You'll get told about it flat out when you meet a construct. Hope that helps.

6. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

The lizard men are dead and the thorp has been decimated. I have not encountered a constructed.

7. chano

chano Established Member

Look around in the Lizards cave

8. Shiningted

What he said. Inside the Lizardman Cave itself is a clue to the next location.

Our Host!