ToEE World Builder v2.0.5b (GPL)

Discussion in 'ToEE WorldBuilder' started by Agetian, Jan 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

ToEE World Builder version 2.0.5b
    =========================

Download the complete v2.0.4 installer here (includes both the binary and the source code, the latest set of documentation and tutorials, as well as additional tools).

[​IMG]

And don't forget to install the latest patches (v2.0.5 and then v2.0.5a) from the attachments list in the bottom of the post, or just get all five of them here:

[​IMG]

NEW FEATURES
    ===========

Version 2.0.4 has the following new features:

- added the "Footstep Sound" to paint options in the visual sector painter.
    - optimized the sector painter redraw routine. Now it's a LOT faster, it takes less than half a second to redraw the sector painter screen.

INTEROPERABILITY FEATURES
    ======================

Version 2.0.4 interoperability model provides the following functionality:

- Automated sending of the player's coordinates into ToEEWB object editor, day/night editor, sector light editor, or jump point editor.
    - Automated insertion of the current map ID where necessary (e.g. for jump points and day/night transitions).
    - Automated creation of path nodes and NPC waypoints directly from the game.
    - Automated insertion of Rotation of the leftmost player in the party into object coords and waypoints using new commands locobjr() and wayr()
    - Ability to fine-tune the rotation using setrot(), right() and left() commands.

I really hope that this source code will be used by someone in order to improve the project and make it better. Please read the following instructions to get acquainted with the prerequisites, rules of compiling and building the executable, and so on. Feel free to cooperate with me, should you have any questions or should you be willing to synchronize your efforts with mine. Any initiative in updating ToEEWB is highly welcome.

Remember that the project is released under the terms of GPL General Public License version 2. This basically means that all derivative works based on this source code must be released together with the full source code. Also, GPL regulates what you can and what you can't do with the source code. Make sure you get acquainted with the terms of GPL before making any public release based on the current source code. Thanks.

Feel free to ask any questions about the source code in this thread. Additional supplementary information may get available soon, such as MOB file specs, and more. They will get released in this thread as soon as they are ready for a public release.

Code:
    ToEE World Builder .NET2 version 2.0.5 Open-Source Edition
    Copyright (C) 2005-2013    Michael Kamensky, all rights reserved.
    ===========================================================================

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
    Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA  02110-1301  USA
    ==========================================================================

!!! PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION FIRST !!!

This package includes the source code and all required files needed to
    build a redistributable package of the ToEE World Builder .NET2.

Requirements:
    =============

In order to successfully compile ToEE World Builder .NET2, you need the
    following software:

- Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 release or newer (downloadable from Microsoft)
    - Microsoft Visual C# 2005 or any newer release (a free version of Visual C#
      2005 Express is downloadable from Microsoft)

Note that other IDEs supporting C# 2.0 *MAY* be able to build the ToEEWB.NET2
    successfully, but this was never tested.

Note before you start modifying:
    ================================

THE ORIGINAL CREDITS AND THE DEDICATION LINE IN THE ABOUT BOX OF THE TOEE WORLD
    BUILDER MUST BE RETAINED IN ALL CUSTOM BUILDS !!!

Package contents:
    =================

The following folders are distributed with this package:

SRC - includes the source code itself. You need to load ToEE World Builder.sln
          into Visual C# in order to load the project. Also, the latest version of
          whatsnew.txt is located in this folder.

REQUIRED-FILES - contains files that *MUST* be distributed with the ToEE World
                     Builder .NET2 executable, otherwise ToEEWB may behave incorrectly
                     or may cease to work at all.

SUPPLEMENTS - includes the supplementary information that may be useful during
                  the development of ToEEWB. Currently it includes a fixed list of
                  MOB format properties with their corresponding IDs.

Also, GPL.TXT is included which contains the full text of the General Public
    License (GPL) version 2, under the terms of which this package is distributed.

Compiling the code:
    ===================

After loading ToEE World Builder solution file (ToEE World Builder.sln) into the
    Visual C# IDE you may choose the "Build solution" option to create an executable.
    Afterwards, you will need to copy the files from the REQUIRED-FILES folder into
    the folder where your executable is in order to ensure the correct work of the
    compiled ToEE World Builder.

Support:
    ========

The open source distribution comes with no specific support. As usual, you are
    free to ask questions about the code on the forum in the corresponding thread.

Disclaimer:
    ===========

Any third-party derivative work based on this open source package is NOT
    supported by the original program authors. Use the derived builds of ToEEWB
    at your own risk.

UPDATE 07/25/07: Updated to version 2.0.4a, currently available only in the form of a patch from version 2.0.4 (see the attachments list below). This version fixes a critical bug in the sector light editor that caused the first light in the sector to be always displayed as a light of point type upon loading a sector file. Also, this version has some minor interface tweaks that correct the wrongly aligned text labels.

UPDATE 10/16/07: Updated to version 2.0.4d, currently available only in the form of a patch from version 2.0.4 or 2.0.4a (see the attachments list below). Yes, that's correct, it's "d" and not "b", because we're skipping two internal releases which were never released publicly and were used to test some aspects of the auto-pathnoding. The new version fixes the secret door flags (OSDF) structure, now the structure is 100% bit-perfect and doesn't have any 'unknown fields' anymore. Also, v2.0.4d enables the auto pathnode generator feature, which is however still experimental and might not work as desired (however, preliminary tests done within the last month showed that it might be useful at certain large exterior maps, so there's no reason not to release it anymore). Check out the pathnode generator menu for an option. You might need to tweak the 'stepping' option, as well as adjust the 'tolerance' option when linking pathnodes in order to get the best result. My experiments have showed that using Stepping=15 and Tolerance=25 often shows good pathnoding results on large exterior maps. Keep in mind that for auto pathnode generator to work correctly, you must place the sector files for the map you're generating pathnodes for into the "Sectors" folder of ToEEWB, and make sure that no other sector files are there. The reason for this is because the auto pathnode generator takes the blocked tiles into account when generating PNDs.

UPDATE 11/09/08: Updated to version 2.0.5, currently available only in the form of a patch from version 2.0.4/2.0.4a/2.0.4d (see the attachments list in the first post of this thread). The new version includes the wonderful advanced proto search engine written by Sitra Achara (thanks for the permission to include it in the official release package!), and also contains an updated DLL editor that is compatible with the latest Co8 Mod DLL shipped with version 5.5.0 of the module.

UPDATE 04/20/13: Updated to version 2.0.5a, you must patch your existing 2.0.5 installation with the relevant patch file below. Added the functionality to split and recombine 2D maps using the BMP format as output (splits JPG->BMP and recombines BMP->BMP) to preserve picture quality (C# seems to use a suboptimal algorithm when resaving a JPG). If you use this functionality, remember that you'll need to convert the resulting split .BMPs to .JPG format using a third party program (most advanced graphics editors should have batch convert functionality for that).

UPDATE 01/26/14: Updated to version 2.0.5b, you must patch your existing 2.0.5a installation with the relevant patch file below. Fixed the BMP splitter causing black lines to appear on rightmost tiles when splitting huge maps (thanks Darkstorm!).

You can use the following patches to update your copy of ToEE World Builder to the latest version. Extract the archives into your ToEE World Builder folder and overwrite all files when prompted. If your version of ToEEWB is lower than v2.0.4, you'll have to redownload the installer package. Note that for some updates, patches for the binaries and for the source code are provided separately.

- Agetian

Attached Files:

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5 Source Code (GPL)

I hope this doesn't mean your not going to provide us with updates anymore Agetian? No-one else has provided anything even remotely as useful as this tool to the community (myself included).

3. Agetian

Of course not! :) What this means is that the project is going to a new level: the level of cooperation with other members of the Co8 community. I really hope that cooperating in this effort will allow ToEEWB to get updated faster.

That's why everyone who will be interested in updating ToEEWB and making custom additions to it are welcome to ask any questions as well as synchronize their efforts with mine.

- Agetian

4. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Just a quick note of appreciation Agetian. Thank you for making this available. Hopefully, I about a week or so I will be able to take some time to start figuring out what's what with the code, C#, and etc.

Darmagon

5. Agetian

UPDATE 17/01/06: Updated to v1.7.5a. Added support for animated waypoints for Shiningted (and everyone else who want it ;)). Also, uploaded both the new source code AND the latest compiled binary. In order to use the animated waypoints, you have to use the NPC waypoints with "Animated Waypoint" flag (and "Anim ID" should be set to a valid animation ID - just experiment with it a little bit - you can make CRAZY things with this!! Like, I used the Blacksmith proto with Anim ID #1, and that made him make an attack-with-his-hand animation - could be used to simulate training hall?...) Enjoy!

!!! NOTE: !!! Make sure you launch ToEE World Builder NET2.exe, NOT the original ToEE World Builder.exe!! Some people asked me why they don't see any new nifty features like the increased loading speed, proto search, etc. etc. It turned out they were using the wrong executable ;)

- Agetian

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  6. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5a Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

NOTE: The long animation ID I gave for Blacksmith turned out to be incorrect. Please read the newer posts.

NOTE: Just reuploaded the binary and the source. Made the waypoint window wider and added a horizontal scroller to it in order to make it easier to see LOOOONG animation IDs like the one above. If you downloaded before this message appeared, please redownload. Thanks.

- Agetian

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks Agetian!

Snapshot into how Agetian functions:

"Ted, I can't do this, I will have to contact Steve Moret, could take him days to reply".

(2 hours later) "Ted, I have worked this out by myself, but it will be several days before I can update ToEEWB, please be patient I am snowed under at work".

(2 more hours after that) "Ok the new ToEEWB is up".

Its sorta the exact opposite of me ;)

Thanks dude, much appreciated!!! :hug:

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

If he ever says he'll do it right away...I guess we're doomed!:no:

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

more like he would've FTP'd it last week and forgotten to post a link

10. Agetian

Yep, that's sorta how it is with me: if I did something but didn't finish it I always try to find a spare minute or two to work towards the complete implementation. :) So usually it turns out to work faster than even I expect ;)

- Agetian

11. Agetian

I just wanted to make a small note that a surprise update to the ToEEWB (both source and binary) is to come soon. It's really worth waiting, believe me. I won't disclose what exactly I'm up to, but please wait and you'll see that there will be something really good to use really soon :)

- Agetian

12. Agetian

UPDATE 01/19/06: Well, the first part of my surprise updates is here: I updated both the source code and the binary snapshot to v1.7.5b. This version has corrected and extended support for waypoint animations. Now, all those long anim IDs are non-existent (like the Blacksmith's one - I supposed it was a long ID, while in fact it was a sequence of five animations with ID#1). Now, each waypoint can have up to 8 different animations defined in sequence. Also, I added a menu item in "Help" that lists all waypoint animation IDs (and their purpose) that are known to me today. @ Everyone who is working on animated waypoints: I suggest you use the new version and the new way of defining anim IDs. For example, Blacksmith's animation is really a sequence of five anims #1 (NOT that big number I listed before). Enjoy!
    P.S. More to come soon :)

- Agetian

13. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v1.7.5b Source Code (GPL) and latest binary snapshot

UPDATE 01/21/06: Updated to v1.7.5b1. The file names stay the same, so don't worry - just redownload. I fixed the animated waypoint ID list (I turned out to be wrong, in fact the anim IDs can only be used to play SPECIAL animations, not REGULAR ones... So, please check that Help menu again). Also, I made a complete global.lit editor - no more unknowns, everything is known there. Enjoy!

@ Shiningted: Hey Ted, I'm going for that complete light editor! Yes, I have enough material to add support for all fields and light types, including the day/night support. It'll take an unknown amount of time though - could be real fast, could be a week or so. We'll see.

- Agetian

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Light is good :D

15. Agetian

UPDATE 01/22/06: Updated to v1.7.5c. Added a full-featured light editor with support for day/night lights, particle system special FX, and much much more!. Also, made some corrections to the Help menu on waypoint anim IDs thanks to Allyx. Note that there is now NO light editor in the sector editor screen, so don't look for it there. Instead, launch the light editor from the Tools menu or by pressing Ctrl+E. Note that it's a standalone facility and works independently from the sector editor. Good luck! Enjoy!

- Agetian

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
Our Host!