Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I'd forgotten all about that (I'm just getting back in the game after taking off for about two years- got sucked into a game called Borderlands 2 and my ODC took over :))...

2. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

I don't seem to be able to initiate Fear of Ghosts. The ghost never appears on the second floor of the castle.

Following a discussion in another thread:

Code:
    game.global_vars[765] is set to 1

game.global_vars[696] is set to 1

game.global_flags[869] is set to 1

The sequence of events was that I rested on the 2nd floor. Ghost appeared, tried some stuff, ghost disappeared. Then rested on the 1st floor. Ghost appeared, tried different stuff, ghost disappeared. Now the rest icon is red, and no more ghosts.

Any suggestions? I've given up on this meanwhile and am working on What Lies Beneath, which is awfully dull so far. Found another sequencing bug; when conversing with Lhizeas, my party knows about the Hextorites above even though they've never even been in the church

Edit: I may have to give up on What Lies Beneath too. Am I right that this quest can't be completed without 19 Spot on somebody? Also, should Discern Lies be added to the list of busted spells in the walkthrough?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  3. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I thought that someone mentioned about some temple shields being masterwork because they looked better. I have notice by accident that there are some that are masterwork. They have Iuz and spikes on them.

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

SPOILER --->
    I believe the 3rd ghost is outside walking around, not in the castle itself.
    <--- SPOILER

5. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

You mean this is WAD? I'll look into what you suggest. I don't know how I'm supposed to know to do that, though.

Note that this quest isn't showing in my quest log. Is it supposed to?

On other topics, the enemy leader in the Gnarley Forest only had his weapon and boots on him. No armor. No clothes, even.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  6. messedup

For the "Afraid of Ghosts quest", it usually does after I complete it.

Also, to talk to the ghosts, you need to attack them. You will do no damage but when it gets to their time for combat, you will get into dialog.

7. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

The reason for this is because the drow's armor, gloves, and "helmet" are a special mod that actually makes him look dark, like a drow. If you could loot these items, the corpse would them appear as a pale elf which would ruin the immersion of the drow appearance. So, there's a flag set on each of these items to make them unlootable.

That said, I think of would be an easy fix to spawn a regular set of armor into the drow's inventory upon death, so you could have something to loot.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  8. messedup

I remember way back when (I used to play the modules on paper) that the drow stuff would disappear after a couple of days of sunlight. Isn't that true so the drow stuff really isn't worth looting?

9. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

Looks like that's already been implemented. Every other member of the drow party has regular clothing or armor; only the leader doesn't.

At this point such stuff isn't really worth looting. It's just weird for him to not be wearing anything. It's like he popped in from NWN

10. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

Well, that's exactly the problem. I never got any dialogue the two times I fought ghosts. They simply vanished snd do not reapoear now. Note that those were ghosts spawned by resting; I've never seen a ghost just walking around at night. No sign of a ghost in the third location either.

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Sometimes I have to use an area effect spell to find a wondering ghost, if a ghost wanders through a targeted area he becomes visible. You can move the target circle around until you find him.

12. messedup

Every time I do the quest, at night when I go to the second floor (not were the teleports are but the one with the bedrooms just below that), I hear a scream from something and there is a shadow in the room to the right. The second is outside and I can see a shadow from him. I let this one get behind the castle to see him, then I attack. The last one is in the basement near the door to the sewers. Since a change in the previous version (if I remember correctly) I have had no problem with this quest.

13. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

I am not getting a scream sound effect. AoEs show nothing in their radius except for party members and that one servant.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I have never found a ghost in an area that didn't have a scream type sound when entering. Maybe you should try re-activating the mod, often that will repair/replace bad files.

Your saves will still be available, but you'll have to redo any add-ons via the drop down menu.

15. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

And replace some miscellaneous fixes, although IIRC i'm past most of them except for the Read Magic fix.Worth a shot; I'll try it after I finish WotGS.

Our Host!