Humanoid Party

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kharagh, May 5, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kharagh

Kharagh Established Member

So I want to use humanoids in my next game. My plan is to use the console to get dominate scrolls and then use the console again to teleport to places like Imeryds Run (for a lizard man). My questions:
    1. Is there a faster way - e.g., is there a console command that will make a lizardman appear right next to me?
    2. Anyone know safe coordinates at Imeryds Run?
    3. Anyone know where I can find the lowest-possible HD male bugbear?

Also, does anyone know how humanoids work with multi-classing? Do they have a favored class?

2. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

They do have a favored class which is as follows:
    Goblin - Rogue
    Bugbear - Rogue
    Gnoll - Ranger
    Lizardfolk - Druid
    Troll - Fighter
    Ogre - Barbarian

But I'm not sure if the ToEE engine actually has them implemented or not. Monsters are a bit weird under the engine I think they're treated as level 1 humans with added traits.

3. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Here is an easy way to do it.

Use the following two console commands to create the creature you want, and then add them to your party permanently. For example, to create and dominate a goblin type:

Code:
    m = game.obj_create(14184,game.leader.location)
    m.dominate(game.leader)

Not that most of the creatures you create will have their "Kill On Sight" flag set and combat will start. So after typing those two command, just close the console and hit the "C" key to stop combat.

For other monsters, just replace 14184 in the example above with these numbers:

Kobold: 14640
    Goblin: 14184
    Hobgoblin: 14188
    Gnoll: 14067
    Lizard Man: 14084
    Bugbear: 14093
    Bugbear Female: 14213
    Ogre: 14448
    Troll: 14262
    Hill Giant: 14217

Note that there are numerous protos for each race, for example there are around 50 different bugbears. Only use the ones listed above, because the others may have special faction and scripting related to them. The ones above are the weakest most generic examples that are used in random encounters.

Have Fun!

Edit:

After dominating them, you can adjust their stats with this command, replacing the number 15 with whatever value you want their stat to be:

Code:
    m.stat_base_set(stat_strength,15)
    m.stat_base_set(stat_dexterity,15)
    m.stat_base_set(stat_constitution,15)
    m.stat_base_set(stat_intelligence,15)
    m.stat_base_set(stat_wisdom,15)
    m.stat_base_set(stat_charisma,15)

The variable "m" will only persist for that session, so do these commands right after you create the monster. You can of course do it at any time by replacing "m" with "game.party[]", depending on where in the party the monster is located. So if you have a bugbear in the third slot at the bottom of the screen, and want his strength to be 20, you would type:

Code:
    game.party[2].stat_base_set(stat_strength,20)
    The first slot uses "0", the second slot "1", etc. Programmers like to start numbering sequences at 0 instead of 1. ;)

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  4. Kharagh

Kharagh Established Member

Thanks! That was extremely helpful.

Our Host!