Specialty Priests?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kharagh, May 2, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kharagh

Kharagh Established Member

Would it be possible to flip the spells/day for clerics so that they can cast multiple domain spells but only 1 cleric spell for each level (instead of multiple cleric spells and only 1 domain spell)? I want my clerics to be more like the specialty priests of 2nd edition D&D instead of the bland cookie-cutter clerics of 3.5.

It's easy enough to add spells to domains (to make domains more like the spheres of 2nd edition), but that has limited use given that clerics can only cast 1 domain spell/level/day.

I'm guessing this sort of modding is going to be beyond what I can do, but I figured I would ask just in case . . .

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

How about trying the spell_known_remove console command - something I have never had a reason to try I must confess to actually reduce your cleric's spell known list to what you want?

Its counterpart spell_known_add is well tried and can be used to add non-cleric domain spells to your now reduced main list.

Unfortunately I am not aware of the value of spell_list in

game.party[x].spell_known_add(spell_enum,spell_level,spell_list) required to direct a new spell to the domain list rather than the cleric spell list.

3. Kharagh

Thanks, Pygmy. I didn't know about those console commands. But I think I'm just going to add all the spells I want as cleric spells into the TOEE/data/rules folder. I'll just make a table of off-limit spells for me to consult whenever I play (e.g., so my non-Strength clerics don't memorize Enlarge). Hmm . . . maybe I can also change the spell description so that I don't need the table (the spell description could have the domain-specific spells in parentheses).

4. Kharagh

1. Spell remove does not seem to work.

2. I am able to add spells to the class lists but I don't know how to add them to the domain lists. What is the "spell_list" #s for domains? I tried 40,41,240,241,18,6, and probably some other things but none of them added the spell to the domain list. I can add the spells to the cleric list instead, but it would be nice to be able to add spells to domains in-game.

Our Host!