My critical hits are not triggering :(

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Speeder, Mar 18, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Speeder

Speeder Member

I took Melany's father sword, added +2, +3, Shock, Flame, Frost, Keen, Great Cleave

When I started testing it, it greatly outdamaged scather one-handed (except scather always hit, so against very high AC enemies probably scather wins).

Also I started doing crits like mad, because of the amount of hits I deal with it in a fight, + the keen thing, I was dealing at least one crit per fight, sometimes more (a random encounter ended quickly with me dealing crits to ALL enemies, in ALL hits, granted each one took one hit, since one crit hit of that sword deal 60+ damage).

Then suddenly crits stopped.

I thought it was bizarre, and started clicking the hit dice to check, and indeed, I am rolling into the threat range, but no crits, why?

[​IMG]

2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Has this only happened vs Chaggrins? I vaguely recall them not being susceptible to sneak attacks; some creatures are and immunity to crits often goes with that. Try hitting something that you know has been susceptible in the past and see if they come back.

3. Speeder

Speeder Member

Well, I closed the game and opened again, and it seemly stopped the bug...

But I am unsure if it is because now I fought enemies that can take crit hits (by the way, the final boss seemly is immune to crits too, or I had a very bad luck...)

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yup, chaggrin are elementals and are immune to crits.

You can read more on them in the 3.5 Complete Arcane, (WotC publication) in the Monster Section.

Our Host!