Cheat Codes for Co8 Mod?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by StrontiumDog, Mar 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to remove the fog from the TOEE Co8 mod, as well as the "reveal map" cheat code if any such exists. I was able to use the "nofog" addition to the TOEE file-name on the "Properties" section of Desktop icon for TOEE, with the original game, but the Co8 Mod doesn't allow me to use this for the Front-end icon. Is there any way to get around this? I am still able to add a few commands via the "shift ~" keys, but don't know if there's a specific command I can use in-game for removing the fog etc. I just find this game really awkward to play with the blasted fog on, so would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Strontium Dog

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

When you install the Co8 4 MOD, there is a checkbox option during its install to remove the fog of war. I do not use ToEEFE to play ToEE. I just use ToEE plus Atari Patch1 and Patch2 plus the Co8 4 MOD. So, I have not had to deal with that aspect you referred to and mentioned.

3. StrontiumDog

I thought I had already enabled the nofog option when adding the Co8 mod. Is there any way to artifically remove the fog, as I'm in the middle of the game, and don't want to download everything again?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Go into

Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\Co8-4.0.0\rules

open maplist.mes, and observe the use of the Flag: UNFOGGED parameter.

Unfog whatever u like :)

5. StrontiumDog

THANK YOU!

I'd checked the C08 download, and it only allows the unfogging when in a town(so only Hommlet and Nulb), and I felt it necessary to remove the fog for the whole game. Otherwise you get ridiculous situations, like I've had in a couple of places in the Moathouse area, where your front characters enter a large room, and only need to fight half the guards because the other lot are in the fogged section. This is just plain ridiculous and makes it way too easy for gamers.

6. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

I guess a second question could be asked here. Do cheat codes work in the new modifications (4.0 and 4.1)? I believe it was Liv that had a problem with cheat codes and people who used them? Is it possible to set a new mod so that no cheat codes work?

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yes the cheat codes (console comands) work in all versions of co8 patches. the cheat codes are used alot here by moders for testing purposes like spawning creatures or gear or in some cases spells so it wouldn't really work for us not being able to use them, all it takes is a little self restraint to not exploit them.

8. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

It's my understanding that the console commands (cheat codes) are to make up for problems with the games and to allow poor game players, like me, a chance to stay in the game. There's nothing more frustrating than getting "stuck" and can't progress any further. Plus, there are work-arounds for player mistakes,etc. How anyone uses/abuses the console is up to the player. The console is kind of "flakey" and causes some strange things to happen, like a tag-along Hezrou that wont go away. Basically, use at your own pleasure/risk, and have fun.

Our Host!