Does the latest Co8 increase font size?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by slickrcbd, Apr 13, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. slickrcbd

slickrcbd Member

I thought I saw an off-hand comment on another board that the latest version of the Co8 mod, or some tool/utility can now increase the size of the text on screen.
    Is this indeed the case, that it will fix the small text?
    I've never gotten very far into this game because I get eyestrain unless I set the display DPI in Windows to something absurdly high like 160 when I normally keep it at 120.

Question 2:
    If the new mod can indeed fix the problem of small text, what is the best way to upgrade from Co8 version 5.7?
    As I've never farther than exploring Homlet and the Moathouse, I don't really want to mod the game yet aside from correcting the infamous loot bug, I just want to play the OC with a larger, more readable font before I start modding.
    What procedure would be recommended to upgrade my current install?

2. slickrcbd

slickrcbd Member

Could somebody please respond with a simple yes or no to whether or not version 8.1 of the Co8 mod will increase the font size over the standard vanilla game?

I don't want to go through the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling the game from scratch if I won't be able to play it.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey slickrcbd, for a couple releases now, the Co8 mod has featured an increased font size in that it uses the the game's Priory 12 point font for most all text instead of the Arial 10 point font. This kind of information is always listed in each release's changelog, so you can always refer to that when you have questions. For examples of what Priory 12 looks like in-game, see the release posts in the news threads/forums for images, or the UI modding forum thread.

The tool you're talking about above is a recent offering from the TemplePlus project. You would have to use it as outlined in that thread in order to adjust the fonts yourself. I haven't done it yet personally, so I can't tell you anything about it.

4. slickrcbd

slickrcbd Member

Thank you. Maybe I can finally play the game without getting eyestrain. I did figure out how to adjust the DPI, but I had to set it to levels that messed up everything else, so it was a PITA to change it back and forth, and I didn't have a secondary computer that could run the game.

5. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

Proper changes to the font size are certainly on the list (other than upscaling everything, which is available in TemplePlus and vanilla), but it will take months until it's ready.

So if you can wait, that's what I'd suggest :)

Our Host!