Fashions of the Modern Adventurer

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rudy, Mar 27, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

As everyone knows, an adventuring party lives or dies by style. What's the point of killing a horde of orcs if you do it while looking like a country bumpkin. Ugh.

I have two purposes in creating this thread. First, is to share your stylish party member. Second is to solicit input on things that may be cramping your style.

By the latter, I mean, are there items you feel compelled to use, but that make your party members look ridiculous? To give you an idea of what I mean, in older versions of Co8 (and in Vanilla ToEE) all cloaks of resistance looked the same: a teal/light blue color. So, since you had to put cloaks of resistance on most of your party, you had no choice but to have your party have matching capes. What is this, fashion amateur hour?

To remedy this, multiple colors of cloaks of resistance were introduced into later versions of Co8, and in a more recent mod of mine, invisible ones (credit marc1967 for the idea for that one).

So, is there anything else that's preventing your party from being the most fashion-savvy they can be? A weapon that you like, but that looks stupid? A ridiculous helmet? Let me know, and there may be salvation yet!

For the first purpose, please also use this thread to share images of your stylish party members. I'll start with a classic: the black-clad assassin. Black monk robes, black cape, no helmet, black gloves/boots, and dual-wielded blades. Images attached.

Attached Files:

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

A request/suggestion: if you make any new clothing items, please stock them at "Veenah's Fashion" in Verbobonc. To quote her dlg: "Welcome to Veenah's Fashion! I carry a wide variety of the latest styles, made especially for adventurers like you." I added the (very stylish) long coats to her inventory as part of my latest fix for just that reason. Speaking of which, there are currently only two colors of long coat (red and black)...

3. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Maybe Veenah can do hair too...

Regretting that blue Mohawk you went with to start the game?

HairStyle 1.jpg

Please help me!

HairStyle 2.jpg

What color would you like? Red?

HairStyle 3.jpg

And a new style to match? Topknot?

HairStyle 4.jpg

Let's do this!

HairStyle 5.jpg

Fade to scissors clipping...

HairStyle 6.jpg

I'll be back soon...

As for requests, do you think anyone anywhere would ever be upset if the Elven Chain mesh was changed to the regular chain for all elven chain?

Early on my sexy/cutesy light armored combat type looks like this:

ElvenChain.jpg

But then once the Elven Chain is found, and is far superior statistically, she becomes a carnival act:

ElvenChain 2.jpg blech!!

Fortunately Monk Robes can cover a whole host of sins, but you lose the armored look:

ElvenChain 3.jpg

4. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Hmm, will do, in terms of adding to her inventory. I'm not sure how good I would be at changing the graphics directly; I'll look into it. Mostly I've been just reskinning stupid looking things into non-stupid looking things.

That would be very cool.

I'm with you on this, but I find it hard to imagine getting that change into the official release.

5. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Hmm... the black elven chain (id 6520) actually doesn't look bad. no flamboyant colors, and on this one you actually get armor on the arms and legs, rather than baring skin. The shoulder pads are still a bit 1980s, but what can you do.

Experimenting with drow spidersilk armor, too (6502). However, while it looks cool, it doesn't quite look like elven chain.

6. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Picture for the previous.

Attached Files:

7. XVicious

XVicious Established Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Weren't the shoulder pads removed from the Elven Chain by popular demand?

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Okay, firstly below we have an Elan who somehow talked his way into the party. Not sure how, he's not very charismatic. Also not very bright - the spell effects are where he manifested his Inertial Armour over the top of his olive Studded Leather, despite the fact they don't stack. Wish something would eat him :roll:

Next we have the legendary Paladin Alhandra. I ran into her in Verbobonc and recruited her immediately, but she wanted to do some shopping in Verbo's famous stores before leaving, muttering something about duty free. Sure, says gullible I, we'll meet at the gate.

Well, when she does turn up, look at the strumpet gear she has on. And I think we all know why.

For STRUMPING! :angry:

Attached Files:

Our Host!