WB Tutorial Questions

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ranth, Jan 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Thanks God for old threads, and thank you sir. After banging my head for four hours I finally found this gem here. :tired:

The tutorial is excellent and I'm learning so much, but changing one file name in the tutorial would make a world of difference for the people who will use it next.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

After finishing the tutorial, and expanding on it with some (mostly copied and reworked) scripts and dialogs and many more encounters, I am inspired to make an independent campaign, as I think the Hommlet/Temple angle has been perfected by the gang of folks who have been modding here for 10 years.

The only thing left dangling is I can't seem to get the "Current Map" to ever display anything. It is blank. Do the images for this map come from a different place than the images which are displayed in the main game screen?

Any ideas?

EDIT: I found them, they are in \modules\ToEE\townmap

Ignore the following ramblings if desired...

As an attempt to fix this, and also get the starting area from the tutorial on to the "World Map" I did this:

I actually got the outdoor area at the start of the tutorial onto the World Map by using game.area 9 (Ogre Cave), which is linked via the main program with map 5095. So I made 5095 my adventure start point (via temple.dll), and copied all my sector and .mob data from the Neutral Vignette tutorial into \modules\ToEE\maps\Map-Area-9-Ogre-Cave-Exterior. (changes in worldmap_location_names_text.mes and mapnames.mes gave it a proper label)

Everything works great, and the proper artwork was displayed on the main screen because (I guess) somewhere in the sector data from neutral vignette it knows that the proper art is in \modules\ToEE\art\ground\map-24-vign-neutral). But now the Current Map displays the Ogre Cave. At least it's not blank anymore hehe, but it's interesting that the art from the main game and the art on the "Current Map" is coming from two different places.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
Our Host!