I have a question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sequious, Jul 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sequious

Sequious Member

Is it possible to scribe a scroll into your spellbook if you are a wizard? I know you can in p&p D&D but I can't find anything about it in ToEE and was hoping someone could help.

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Yes, you can write them in your spell book. You have to select "Copy Scroll" in the radial menu. In order for this to be an option, your character has to be able to make such use of it before this becomes an option. In other words, have enough of the requisite ability (intel, wis, etc.) and be high enough level to utilize the spell. If it doesn't work out, keep in mind that your character could actually fail in the attempt, too.

3. Doc

Doc Member

Hy!
    I play with the 5.0.0 final MOD, and the new mission (kill the orc's in the cave) is funny.
    In the fight, the orc shaman hit my cleric, and the damage is 37HP :dizzy: without critical!
    I check the d20 icon, and the hightitled damage for details, and the strength modifier is 27 :dead: . This is a bug? Or the average orc shaman has 65 str ability?

I can't use the portrair pack. When i select an other pack, in the caracter generating screen i see only white mouse cursors, not portrairs. Only the origi pack is working. This is fixable?

Finally:
    The new 5.0.4. MOD is a bug fix patch, or something new? And with the 5.0.4. the older 5.0.0 saved games is working?

Best regards, Doc

4. Lord_Spike

"Hy" yourself.

This isn't an average orc, but that is definetly something which was discussed amongst the modders for a fix. I don't know if it ever was or not. A lot of energy has been spent on KotB, with little ToEE bug-hunting currently in progress. Suffice it to say it's on the radar.

Portrait pack problems are fixable. I suggest you do some research to find the soulution, as I'm no expert in the matter. Start with the "Common issues & solutions" thread.

5.0.4 is a beta. As such, it is imperfect. Don't use it if you're not at least comfortable enough with tech stuff to sort out all the cumulative fixes. One day, it'll all be rolled up into something complete. But for now, KotB is the focus.

5. Sequious

Sequious Member

Yeah, sorry about wasting your time like that, about 20min after I posted I started playing and decided to actually look at some of the 'tip of the day's and the one telling me how to do that was the first one to pop up :dead: god do I ever feel dumb :punch:

6. Lord_Spike

Don't sweat it. I played through my first time (a while back) without knowing how to properly memorize clerical spells. Needless to say, things were a bit rough at times.

Our Host!