Smigmal FIXED!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Allyx, Dec 13, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Another of the games most annoying bugs, bites the dust! Yes SMIGMAL REDHAND will no longer be invisable or untargetable if you are unable to beat her in 3 rounds!

Just unzip the file below into your ToEE folder.

Attached Files:

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

kudos to the master armourer, master blacksmith and now master scripter!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  3. Allyx

I gotta give credit where it's due, I spoke to Cerulean the Blue on the IRC, and later talked with Shiningted this morning who suggested I look at Mickeys script and .mob file - to see how it was flagged, I took all day working it out for a similar re-appearing act (for a mod I've been working on), then Cujo suggested I try the same for Smigmal, well what do you know it worked!

The dialogue file just adds some spell eyecandy to account for Smigmal's (now) sudden disapearance, and is not neccesary to make the fix work (but it makes more sence), but re-appearance of Smigmal now works perfectly.

4. maalri

maalri Immortal

Bravo Allyx- I always knew you could do it!

Here is a cookie-- C... -- well PART of a cookie- it was all Ted had left, oh and it's dripping slobber, and I think it's moldy, but HEY- Great JOB anyway!!

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Awesome work Allyx. You are going to have to tell us all how you did it.

6. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Whoo! Congrats, Allyx. I agree that it was one of the most obnoxious bugs in the game and I'm glad it's gone.

Now if we could only get AOOs against those dang potion-chugging bugbears. :) (The second-most annoying remaining bug, IMO.)

7. Allyx

Certainly (ted asked for a tutorial as well), when I eventually found Micky's .mob file (in the brewery) I tried opening it in WB, now it's not fully supported so it doesn't actually open, but the first tab does display. He was flagged (in the .mob file) as....

Object flags:
    OF_SEE_THROUGH
    OF_SHOOT_THROUGH
    OF_PROVIDES_COVER
    OF_SET HEIGHT
    OF_RADIUS_SET

Now when I saw SEE_THROUGH I thought it was really odd, that would make him invisable. So I checked his script, sure enough at the bottom of his heartbeat script, there's a reference to is_daytime a map number and setting and unsetting something called OF_OFF - that is Object Flags_OFF (Thanks Cerulean for that info), his script turned on and off the object flags tab from the ToEEWB window!

Cujo asked if it would work with Smigmal, and I took a look at it...
    Smigmal had the unset OF_OFF for her reappearance, but the disapearance must have been changed to a runoff command at a late stage in the development (Runoff looks nicer than sudden disappearance), so I changeed the runoff command to set OF_OFF and added spell particles for Invisibility to her diaogue (doesn't fit properly, but it works for me) to give a hint at a reason for her disappearance.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Damn good thinking Allyx, and handy to know too :)

(Fresh) cookies all round!

9. keida

keida Member

is it compatiable with Co8 mod/patch/thingee?

I don't have a cookie for you, but I found this really old Oreo under the couch cushions, if you scrape the mold off it shold be ok.

10. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

Allyx is part of the official Co8 mod team this time around, so i should hope so haha

11. keida

keida Member

I didn't know...

12. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

FTR, Co8 4.0 is going to be the baseline for anything most folks around here do. So if a fix for something is released by someone with a high post-count, it's going to be compatible with Co8 4.0 unless otherwise stated. (I don't think we have any conscientious objectors about, anyway.)

Now if I could only get my protos.tab update finished sometime this century... Stupid work, stupid RL issues, stupid holidays...

13. keida

keida Member

Makes sense...

14. maalri

maalri Immortal

Yes, makes sense... well then-

Moldy Christmas (or Kwanzaa, or Chanukah, or Winterfest, or whatever Holiday) cookies to all the entire Mod crew!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

15. tet666

tet666 Member

well i suffer from this bug after the last release i would like to download your fiix but i cant it allways sends me back to the login screen?

Our Host!